More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Nemo of Utopia Nemo of Utopia

Creation of Avatar (name, occupation, race); Army (race, faction); World of Choosing?

Dolgrim Forgeson: Karaz-A-Kaldon Home Guard: 'Dwarf Fortress' Based Fantasy World.

This part of the story uses Variables to track certain types of events, Be Sure To Click "Start Game" In Order To Get The Full Experience!


Your was nothing especially exciting, no car crash, no , nothing like that. You just went to sleep one night and never woke back up, a heart attack felling you ere you again woke.


The next thing you know you are in this featureless white room with a set of holographic displays all around you, instructing you to chose your reincarnation.

"So this is the afterlife? A video game?" You think as you start looking over your options.

You have played your share of RPG, RTS, and City Management games, but you imagine this will be harder than any of them. You start to carefully sculpt your avatar...

In life you were a 'Little Person': 'Congenital Dwarfism' was the technical term when you were first learning about your condition. You never let that stop you. You did well in school, went to college and became a doctor. Though you are tempted to make your new incarnation a proverbial giant you find that none of the variations on that theme satisfy you and instead go with a dwarf again, but this time put yourself into a fantasy world where there is an entire race of 'Dwarves' like from that 'D&D' game you played for a while in college. You make yourself one of their leaders, a nobleman among dwarvenkind leading an expedition to establish a new dwarven colony.

You putter around with the options you have for creating your character. Having a decent number of points to play with you give him training in Leadership, Negotiation, Appraisal, Accounting, Counseling, Ax Fighting, Armor Use, Shield Use, Dodging, Teaching, Suturing, Surgery, Compounding Medicine, Bone Setting, Diagnosis, Herb Lore, and Swimming: then improve his base stats a significant amount: Making him 'Incredibly Tough', 'Brilliantly Cunning', 'Highly Intelligent', 'Very Strong', 'Superdwarfishly Nimble', 'Very Wise', 'Highly Dexterous', 'Hansom', and 'Superdwarfishly Charismatic'.

You wonder for a minute why you have so many points left before realizing that the system you are working under requires you to pay not only for your own abilities and equipment but those of your 'seed group' of six other dwarves: and ALL the items you need for founding a colony! You are glad you decided to give your Avatar room to grow, because that means you don't have to go back and edit it to free up points for your minions and the equipment for the expedition...

You go through an exhaustive set of lists provisioning and equipping the mission: using the help files extensively to make your choices. You shortly have a set of items that seem reasonable to you, covering all the bases, and proceed to 'build' and outfit your team of 6 other dwarves.

From the help files you know you will need the following for your colony: Smiths, Miners, Gem Cutters, Farmers, Brewers, Fisherdwarfs, Animal Trainers, Butchers, Tanners, Milkmaids, Cooks, Entertainers, Administrators, Priests/Priestesses, Doctors, Nurses, Hunters, Gatherers, Lumberjacks, Potters, Glass Workers, Masons, Stone Carvers, Weavers, Dyers, Tailors, Artists, Guards, Scouts, and Soldiers. There also are a few other obscure professions such as 'Strand Extractors', whatever that means but you figure those are probably higher tier. You try to figure out which of these you MOST require: and how to fit as many of those roles as you can into six other dwarves and your new self.

You personally have 'administrator' and 'doctor' locked down already: so you cross those off. That still leaves a long list, but you cut it down. "Farmer" seems pretty central so you divide up that and related roles among two dwarfs, one male and one female, figuring they can be husband and wife. Next you pin down lumberjacks and other raw and finished materials jobs, like 'carpenter', 'miner', 'Gem Cutter', and 'smith' creating two divided purpose dwarfs, again male and female, who will do all the manual labor of the colony. Last you outfit your two remaining dwarfs for scouting, warfare, hunting, gathering and trapping and a handful of non combat related roles, like 'Dyer' and 'Musician'. You also make one a backup miner, and both of them female. You then equip everyone for their new roles, with expensive gear like steel picks and armor, nothing but the good stuff. Lastly, for your starting team, you adjust their personalities and your own to be compatible, so you can work together on the hard task of building a new dwarven colony. This includes giving the two warrior types the traits 'Bisexual', 'Publicly Dominant/Privately Submissive' and 'Polyarmorous' which you hope you can parlay into a threesome.

You are running pretty low on points but have just enough left to customize your starting area. You pick out a mountain, with no Aquifer Layers, Plentiful deposits of coal, iron ore, and flux, Rich Clay Soil, lots of trees. You also make sure it's got a small River for Water, and a deep layer of sedimentary stone before you reach the first cavern layer, which can be dangerous.

All points spent you press "Accept Choices" and black out...


The First thing you feel upon waking is the rumbling of the wagon wheels. You are in one of the colony's two wagons carrying all the gear and you selected. You can smell grass and pine, which tells you that you have reached the remote alpine meadow which will be the base of your colony. You are sleeping on the top of the packed barrels, boxes, and other bric-a-brac you decided your colony required, inside what looks like a Conestoga wagon.

The second thing you feel is that your pants are down and someone is sucking your cock!

Who's Doing That, And What's Your Reaction To This?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)