More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Hal-Bone Hal-Bone

What's next?

Dismantled

Before he could act, the figure outstretched her gauntlet clad palm. And as Reed looked over his shoulder, wide eyed, he was blasted with a cryo ray, immediately freezing the skin to the point he turned blue, unable to move.

"How quant." The woman spoke with the clank of metal on metal of her boots against the steel floor. Narrowing her eyes behind the steel grey faceplate of her helmet she eyed to two heroes in front of her. Richards in particular. "It seems calculations were off? Unfortunate but very much a welcomed outcome, don't you think, Mr. Fantastic?" She questioned coldly, almost absent-mindedly. However her attention shifted away from the elastic man to the blonde laying under him, holding her head in a daze.

"Oh? Intriguing..." the masked woman continued while taking a step around Reed. "Perhaps my Hypothesis truly did hold merit."

Reed could only watch on while the mysterious figure knelt down, ruffling the cape that covered her modestly armored body to reach out and caress the Invisible Woman's cheek as she tried to catch her bearings. His attempts to move, speak even, were useless. That beam left him at this lady's mercy. A factor she was quick to notice, glancing back towards him.

"Hm, I noticed you haven't flamed up either. But you are still alive regardless..." She spoke solemnly while pulling her cold metal fingers away from Sue's cheek, and right around her husband's throat, causing his eyes to widen. "Let's fix this oversight."

A fluctuating hardlight enveloped the armored woman's arm, pulsing a hot red as if readying to ignite and burst into flames. And in the process, it'd melt right through Reed's neck and sever his head from his body.

Sue's eyes widened at the sight, and without an ounce of hesitation she pushed the woman in the cloak back with a psionic blast, sending her flying into the nearby circuit boards on the other side of the room. Much to her husband's dismay, as short-lived as it was at the moment.

Swiftly the blonde got onto her feet, although stumbling a bit and raising her open hands while staring down the intruder, who simply tilted her head in interest. "Powers?...I wonder if those are artificial like mine..."

"Who are you?! The hell are you doing here?!" Sue was quick to question, activating psionic fields around her hands while glaring her down.

"The more operative question in this situations is who are you? Susan Storm?" The maked woman replied coldly, stepping out the newfound wreckage of circuitry.

"I take it this portal is your doing as well?" She pushed further, shifting her eyes towards the massive device in the room. But Sue only scowled. Her patience quickly running thin.

Without a word she enveloped the intruder in a bubble of psionic energy, almost small enough to restrict her movements.

"Enough! You're going to tell me who you are, now!"

"Quite fascinating." The caped woman spoke absent-mindedly, hands up against the forcefield surrounding her. "It reminds me of Viktor's own powers..." She lamented, before hard light enveloped her arms once more.

From her palms started a spark that quickly erupted into lightning, surging within the dome she was entrapped in.

"Though I suspect not as durable..."

In a split instant the electricity in the sphere crackled and surged against the barrier, each one more powerful than before, putting pressure and strain into her confines. Until, before the Invisible woman could realize, her forcefield shattered.

The built up energy inside with its sudden release was enough to send the blonde in blue flying back into the wall with a violent thud. The lab around them pushed out with the accumulated energy burning the metal floor, circuitry sprawled all around. Much to Reed's own horror as he was to watch.

"As predicted." She declared, hardlight dissipating from her arms while looking onwards towards the two with a keen glare, as if examining two subjects in an experiment. "An unexpected turn of events to say. I wonder if this has to do with a feedback loop..." She muttered to herself, calm and calculated, until a sudden halt, tilting her head a moment at a feint whirring in the room. The source coming from the machine she walked through.

The primary, secondary, tertiary, mapping, nearly every circuit was hit by the cloaked woman's blast. Mixed with Sue's Psionic blast on it while it was already active was setting off a chain reaction within the portal itself. An inversion on itself.

Before long she felt her gravity shift and turn, as everyone in the room felt themselves being pulled towards the massive device, already caving in on itself.

Sue quickly acted, generating a psionic disc in her hands and swinging it forward to cut through the structure like hot butter. An action that ended with an explosion in everybody's face, sending the hooded figure flying back along with the husband and wife in a split-second barrier the Invisible Woman made.

What happens next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)