More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by TwinLorraine TwinLorraine

Where does Diana go?

Diana goes upstairs to her office.

Getting off the elevator on her usual floor, she strides absent-mindedly down the hall... then catches herself. 'New office!,' she reminds herself, turning around. Steve, her boss, has assigned her to a smaller office down the hall. Something about needing to expand his own space for some reason or another. Diana, being a real trouper, is happy to oblige.

She walks tiredly into the new office, looks at the boxes of stuff still needing to be put away, and just rolls her eyes. Dropping her purse on her new desk (a little smaller than the desk she had in Steve's outer office) she plops herself down into her office chair and exhales. After catching her breath, she looks at the manila folders, reminds herself what she wants to do with them, and places them neatly on the desk. She opens the large lower desk drawer and leans way over in her chair to move items out of the way.

"Oof," she grunts quietly, then leans back in her chair again. She puts a hand on her tummy, looks around to see if anyone's coming in from the hallway, then looks down and undoes the belt and the top button on her skirt. "Whew!," she exhales, "skirt's getting a little snug."

More comfortable now, Diana reaches back down into the drawer and moves folders out of the way, then puts the others in. She bends farther over to dig some loose items out of the back of the drawer.

Suddenly there's a cheerful "knock knock!". Taken by surprise, Diana looks up to see her boss Steve Trevor standing in the doorway.

"How's the new office?"

"Oh," Diana says, sitting up and brushing a loose hair from her face, "it's, uh, well I haven't really had time to...."

"Great. Say, Diana, did you take any files on the XYZ case?"

"The XYZ case. How could I forget? Really imaginative name."

"Hey," Steve says defensively, "we didn't make up the name. That's the name of the dummy corporation we're investigating."

"I know, Steve. Let's see..." she says, running her fingers along the file folders in the drawer. "Here we go. I'll have to peruse these to see what we have...."

"Tell you what, grab those files and come with me. Let's have a quick powwow in my office right now."

"Oh, okay," Diana says, closing the desk drawer and pushing her chair back. She starts to stand up, then, "Oops..." She puts a hand to her waist and quickly sits back down. "Um, tell you what, Steve, give me just a minute. I'll be right there."

Steve looks confused, as men do when they don't understand women. "Okay, Diana, I'll be waiting for you." He shrugs his shoulders and walks off.

Once the coast is clear, Diana stands up, sucks in her gut and re-buttons her skirt, then re-clasps the belt. "Uuhhh," she exhales, holding her tummy. "Gotta work on that tummy bulge," she scolds herself. All set, she grabs the XYZ file folders and strides out and down the hall.

Diana has long been one of the few women in this mostly male organization, and basically the only one worth looking at. She has the look of a thirty-ish woman, maybe almost forty, rather businesslike with her hair pulled back and glasses on her nose. Starting to get a little soft around the middle, but still very pleasant-looking. Although still a bit worn out from a rough night and not enough sleep, she struts confidently down the hall with a slight up-tilt to her nose.

She breezes into what used to be her office, walking straight past her old desk and toward Steve's inner office.

Suddenly a female voice rings out, "Excuse me!"

To whom does the female voice belong?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)