More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Nemo of Utopia Nemo of Utopia

All This Leaves Two Questions For The Moment: 1: Who's Story Do You Wish To Follow And Help Write? 2: Where Do They Start The Story?

Detective Crystal Mary Jane Konestabli, Police Officer: Seattle, Washington.

It's around dusk on the 29th of October. I'm doing my paperwork in the north precinct when everything goes crazy...

Time to back up a bit: My name is Detective Crystal M.J. Konestabli, and I've wanted to be a cop ever since I was BORN. I come from a long line of law enforcement, our family surname is an archaic variant of 'Constable', which is the british term for the police. My father was an officer, HIS father was an officer, and so forth all the way back to the Norman conquest. My mother was a cop too, and dad had been courting her for about a year before she finally agreed after she lost two lobes from her right lung during a shootout in Vancouver and was to retire. (Mom was born Canadian, and I'm dual citizenship between Canada and the USA, though I grew up south of the border in Seattle.)

I hold a rather unique position on the Seattle PD, in that, as a dual citizen, I can ALSO hold rank on the Vancouver PD. My job is to work with the border patrol busting the people who think that they can just play jumprope with the US/Canadian border to avoid arrest: SURPRISE ASSHOLES! My technical rank is 'Seattle/Vancouver Liaison Officer' but I also hold a more normal rank in both departments: "Detective" with the Seattle PD and "Sergeant" with Vancouver.

I have no less than 27 cousins plus 3 brothers and sisters, and we ALL are cops, though we're scattered to the Ends of the Earth. It's kind of ironic to me: it's almost like that show I used to watch when I was a kid: "Pokémon Adventure" or something like that, with the recurring "Officer Jenny" character.

My husband's a cop too, works for the Vancouver PD as a Human Trafficking detective. His name's Jordan B. Constable and we met through work: then just really hit it off. I didn't exactly "play-hard-to-get", as he will claim to anyone that asks: there's just a lot to consider before agreeing to "Till--Do-US-Part", you know? But he was persistent, and eventually, about a year later, he proposed for the third time, and I said yes. We have five children, and, to quote a child molesting bastard who shall remain nameless: "We have five children because we do not want to have six!" our oldest is Jason, he's seven. From there they march down in two year stairsteps to our one year old daughter "Deneb". Math not quite lining up? That's because of the twins: Crystal M.J. Konestabli II and Jordan B. Constable Jr.: both three years old.

In my 10 years on the I've been to kill two people. Both were hopped up on PCP or god only knows what else, and trying to kill me back at the time. It doesn't make it any easier to live with. About once a month on average I have a dream where I am standing before a judge and jury with each hand dripping blood, and trying to explain that it was them or me, and in one case also a pregnant woman he was holding hostage. Most of the time no sound will come out. The rest of the time they don't believe me. I've never actually DIED in those dreams, but the number of times I wake up right as the noose is being tightened or the headman is swinging his axe has gotten too many to count...

Anyway, I'm filling out paperwork on my latest bust, a small time chinese antique smuggling ring, when these beams of energy come shining down out of the ceiling, and about 90% of the people that are still here start to be transformed into something else, myself included...


Questions to Vote on this Chapter!

1: What do I become?

1a: Growlith
1b: Spinarak
1c: Poochyena
1d: Stunky
1e: Lillipup
1f: Electrike
1g: Yungoos

2: What's My First Duty?

2a: To My Family. [...The Female Of The Species...]
2b: To My Fellow Officers. [Dark Blue...]
2c: To My Country. [Which?]
2d: To Serve And Protect. [Who?]
2e: To Everyone. [You Are A Saint. (And Very Hard To Get Along With...)]
2f: To Humanity... [You're Not Human Anymore...]

Onwards!

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)