More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by ewong ewong

What country and character would you like to read about?

Derek in Sweden

Derek "Big D" Johnson was well known as his college's Star Quarterback. He had lots of friends and was popular with the ladies back home, but after he got drafted by the NFL, he wanted a chance to kick back and relax before training started. He already said his goodbyes to his team and family. His signing bonus hit is bank account, and he was ecstatic to travel somewhere that didn't know him, but still felt a little like home. He booked an AirBnB in the nicer area of Stockholm and figured he could just enjoy the taste of the sweet life before going head first into his career.

He only brought enough clothes for a week, and he wasn't even sure how he was going to navigate the city. He knew some people spoke English, but he knew there would be a language barrier. He didn't want to be disturbed, so he left his normal phone behind and bought a "burner" for the trip. It would allow him to use a translator app and a gps to guide him around. Buy he had no way to contact anyone back home unless he wanted to pay a larger fee.

So, it was him in his khaki shorts and bright red Hawaiian shirt with white printed flowers on it, unbuttoned with a white tank top underneath that stood at the door to the large white house perched on a hill about a half block away from the nearest neighbor, and a half mile walk into town. Not bad for him since he liked a morning jog.

He punched in the code to retrieve the key for the front door. Unlocking it, he sighed as the toughest part of the trip was over. He pulled his suitcase inside and left it by the front door before shutting the door and walking around.

"Definitely not in Kansas anymore." He smirked at the reference.

His home in Kansas was a 2 bedroom, 2 bath house in the suburbs. He was glad he was an only child and didn't have to share a room with anyone, but it got pretty cramped over the years. This house was huge to his eyes, being 2 stories tall. The app said it had 4 bedrooms and 4.5 bathrooms (he had no idea what how a half bathroom worked). He decided to go upstairs as he had never been inside a house with stairs on the inside. He quickly found the master bedroom and attached master bathroom. The combined space seemed almost as big as his family house back home!

"Damn, this house is huge! I might need a map just to find my way around." He said, walking around the corner to find another bedroom and across from it was a bathroom. He continued walking upstairs and found a living room with a home theater and every current game console hooked up.

"Jeez, I may never even leave this place!" Derek was excited to spend a week here.

He went back downstairs, but found something odd. His suitcase was missing!

"Hello? Anyone home?" He called out.

Not hearing a response, he walked around the ground floor. He found another living room, but it only had chairs and a couch arranged around a fireplace. Shrugging at it, he continued to find a bedroom. He began to hear noises and followed the sound. He saw an open door and saw a bedroom that seemed to have recently been in use, as the covers were thrown haphazardly on the bed. He then saw the bathroom across from it as well, but the noises were further down the hall. He saw a dryer through the door, but as he approached, he was shocked by what he saw.

"WHOA, what the...?!" He yelled.

"EEEEK!" came the reply.

Who/what did he find?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)