More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by DogenBroder DogenBroder

What do you want to happen?

Deal with the devil

You let out a long sigh. Your bed is really comfy but you know you gotta work. You decide to wait just one more minute. You feel lost in comfort. You breath for a few moments just letting yourself relax. The sheets are warm and envelop you completely. You can't really tell where your body ends and the sheets begin...

Hang on.

That's weird. You went to sleep with clothing on, why can't you feel your clothes? Also, your bed doesn't normally feel this comfortable. Reluctantly you open an eye a crack, you were feeling curious but not really alarmed you. This changes quickly when you realize that across from you is a wall of skulls.

You jolt upright and look around. The room you're in is decked out in the finest decor human bones can offer. Everything you see is bathed in a flickering red light. The walls are made of stacked skulls, and the floor is made out of what you assume are shin bones. That's not the most shocking thing in the room. a few feet from the foot of you bed is a desk. Well, you call it a desk it's really a human rib cage propped up on skeletal legs. You pause as you notice whats seated at the desk. It's a girl... with horns.

What strikes you first about her is skin, it's tinted a light red. She is wearing a black zip-up hoodie and dark jeans. Her hair is shoulder length and a deep red, it ends just above her shoulder. She has square bangs that end above eyes that are glowing a bright ruby red. Eyes, that happen to be staring at you expectantly.

You feel awkward and stop openly gawking at her before remembering where you are. You look around the room again and say, "What. The. Hell." The girl tilted her head and in a surprised tone said, "Hey, you got it first time! Usually it takes people a while before they figure things out." She flashes you a quick smile.

You are somewhat concerned to note that the girl's incisors are unusually long and rather dangerous looking. Thrown by the utter strangeness of your situation you look around again hoping to glimpse some clue that would make all this make sense. The bones surrounding you were just as real, and imposing as when you first saw them. After a silence, during which you are acutely of the two ruby eyes staring fixedly at you, you ask hopefully "Is this a prank?"

The girl's face falls, she looks down at her desk and sighs. "oh, well I had hoped. Fine. I guess I have to explain everything." She let out a loud, put-upon sigh and casually explained "You my friend, are in Hell. I'll prove it for." she extends her hand forward, palm up, and raises it. You feel an intense pressure in your chest and you begin to slowly rise from the bed in unison with her hand. Once you are clear of the bed her hand's motion ceases. She holds her hand still as you vainly thrash in the air. Amid your panicked flailing you remember that your clothes have vanished. You stop thrashing to cover yourself as best you can. You feel a bit relieved when you realize she isn't looking at you, instead the red skinned girl was focusing on her hand. In an emotionless voice she intoned "remember what's about to happen, I don't want to show you again." She clenched her outstretched hand into a fist.

You feel pain. More pain than you've ever felt before. Your face contorts into a grimace and you let out a croaking moan. As soon as you moan she lets her arm drop to her desk. You immediately feel both the pain and pressure keeping you aloft disappear. Falling heavily onto the bed, you sit and panting before slowly sitting up. The girl lets you fully recover before continuing "We brought you here to see if you would be interested in a deal. The short version is: we want your help, and you'll want our help." she pauses and quickly adds "We in this case meaning myself, the armies of damnation, and other dark forces beyond counting" She beams at you.

You look at her for a second before asking, "and the long version?"

"What I am offering you is power. power. You'll be granted abilities beyond your wildest dreams. In exchange for these powers you agree to two things. First you give you immortal soul to darkness." Seeing the look on your face she is quick to add "Giving your soul doesn't mean an eternity of or anything, it just means that you can never go to heaven." she leans over her ribcage-desk and conspiratorially adds "That place really isn't all it's cracked up to be anyway."

She leans back "now, where was I?" She bites her lip while thinking. Watching her you can't help but notice her lips; a dark red, they were full, and had just the right amount of pout. Now you've gotten used to the red skin and two curled horns poking through her bangs you can see that she's actually quite pretty. Her face is a bit long but her wide eyes and lips suit her. Her pale red face was youthful and bright. Allowing your gaze to slid down her figure, you follow the line of her neck and see a hint of cleavage before her hoodie obscured the rest of her figure.

Remembering what she wanted to say she continued, "Oh ya. Giving your soul to darkness. Got it." As she speaks you watch her lips, getting occasional the glimpse of a pink tongue, "So you don't go to heaven, and you have to become a demon. Again not a big deal. It's a title more than anything. Every once in awhile you'll have to attend a few meetings, maybe participate in a ritual or two. You'll also have to fight when the whole Good vs. Evil showdown happens. The second thing you have to do is spread darkness. How you do this is up to you. In exchange for your soul and for spreading darkness you get all the powers that are available to Hell."

You look at her. "I'm not just gonna make a deal with the devil. The devil doesn't make good deals. What's the real catch?" She laughs at you "You think I'm the devil? Do I look like my name is Lucifer? Lucy maybe but come on. No offence but the big guy has way more to do than make deals with random nobodies. He focuses on big long term projects like the French."
You look at her incredulous "The French? Are you telling me the French are demons?"
"no, not demons. Demons were all once humans. The correct term for the French is hell-spawn?"
Flustered you respond "oh... alright then... sorry for calling you the devil. What are you then?"
"A demon, I was offered a similar deal as you. My name is Violet, but you can call me Vi." She flashed me another bright smile

Violet continued to explain "Look, its a good deal. I'm not leaving anything out. We do operate under some rules, we aren't allowed to directly anyone to sin and we aren't allowed to lie about a deal. If I were you I'd just say yes."
Something occurs to you "What happens if I don't?"
She casually chirps "Then I kill you."
"What! you said you don't people to do things!"
"That means I can't take control of your body and make you do things. I'm totally allowed to kill you." chortling she added "Think of this as a test of your faith. Say no to the evil demon and be welcomed unto heaven by your righteous god."

You take a moment and plan you course of action.

What's next? What do you do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)