More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by CJD619 CJD619

Let's get started!

Day 1

"You're the only person in their 20's that still reads newspapers, you know that, right?" Jade joked, tapping the newspaper in Derek's hands as she walked by. "I don't even think old folks read it anymore!" Derek went to quip back, but the sight of his near-naked girlfriend walking past him to the kitchen quickly stopped him. "Damn." He muttered. He never quite knew how he got so lucky, from being afraid to sit beside her in English class to renting their first house together, all in three years. After snapping out of it, Derek finally spoke up "I wouldn't have to read the stupid newspaper if people put there fucking garage sale ads online like normal people!"

Jade re-emerged from near the kitchen, this time dressed and with her long red hair fully down over her shoulders. "Your hobby - your problem! Oh yeah, there's a few things I need today when you go on your pillage. We need a new desk if possible, I could use some sewing tools, and I desperately need new books. Please! I finally finished that last one yesterday, COVID has drained me of my entire reading library!" she pouted, looking at her boyfriend with her patented puppy-eyes.

"Alright, alright. But you're gonna have to help me unload some boxes when we get home! I'm happy to have our first place too, but we gotta unpack eventually." Jade sighed, before conceding. "Okay, when you get home. We can make a night out of it!" Derek grabbed his keys and his highlighted newspaper before giving her a peck on the cheek, "Sounds good to me. I'll see you in a bit. Be safe, and hey, I love you!"

As Derek shut the door to the outside, something immediately caught his eye. His next door neighbour, an older gentleman who had yet to introduce himself, was on his porch, leaning against the rail and looking Dereks direction. Continuing to his car, Derek offered a simple "How's it going?" towards the man, before only getting a stiff nod in return, without the man ever breaking his gaze. Derek didn't think too much about it and got in his car and was on his way.

Garage sale time!

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)