More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Sky124 Sky124

Whose Journey Will We Begin With?

Dann

Student File Dann & Tryc:
Sex: Male & Female
Age: 18 & UNKNOWN
Height: 5'7'' & 12''
Weight: 115 lbs & 20 lbs
Physical Appearance: Dann: Blue eyes. Blond Hair of moderate length. Fair skin. Tryc: leashed to Dann with an unknown magic. Somewhat the appearance of a yellow cat with a mane and a pair bat-like wings. His tail was tipped with a tuft of fur and oddest of all he had a full set of opposable, yet clawed, fingers.
Notes: I've never seen someone bound to a magical creature like this. He seems innocent enough but I wonder just who they really are.

Status: Student of Interest


Kappa, East Maleficus home for orphaned children, 8 O'clock in the morning, day of The Application.

“Wake up.”

Dann pulled the covers further over his head.

“You're going to miss The Application.”

“Go away,” Dann muttered.

“Hey, if you don't make it, then I don't make it. Then I'll be trapped here with a bunch of losers. At least if you make it I'll only be trapped with one loser.”

Dann was nowhere near close enough to consciousness to understand a thing Tryc had said. And therefore responded with something along the lines of “umph.”

The sheet was yanked off from Dann. His hand stretched out in a halfhearted attempt to grab them. Giving up Dann curled up tighter.

“All of the others are getting up.”

Around him Dann could hear the twenty or so other students stirring. Kappa was the only orphanage to house boys. The ratio of male and female orphans had become hugely imbalanced skyrocketed after The Application came into existence. Girls always had a higher chance of honing magic powers and the existence of this opportunity for orphans had caused many lesser-off families to abandon their children in hopes of a better life. The ratio was so lopsided that even here there where so many girls that they shared living and sleeping areas with the boys. The only separation being age. After today everyone in this room would, one way or another, leave to orphanage.

“Five more minutes,” Dann said, rolling over.

Normally it was against policy in the Maleficus home for orphaned children to let pets in. But most of the time they had a choice. And Tryc wasn't a normal pet. When Dann had been found as a baby he had a metal bracelet on and Tryc by his side. The bracelet seemed to be immune to any know from of removal and grew with Dann. And the running theory was that the bracelet kept Dann and Tryc together.

“Don't make me enjoy this Dann.”

“Mmm....”


How does Tryc wake up Dann?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)