More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by theredsword2 theredsword2

Which world does this take place in?

Danganronpa 1

Note: This branch will have major spoilers for Danganronpa 1.

After drying off, Makoto walked out of the shower and began getting dressed and ready for the day. It had been around three days since he had arrived at Hope's Peak and honestly it couldn't really get much worse than this. At least no murders happened so far, but he couldn't shake off the feeling that it was starting to tempt some people.

As he reached for the door, he heard an audible "fwoop" noise, one that he was all too familiar with.

"Monokuma," he said. "What do you want?"

"Geez, how rude!"

"What do you want?"

"Okay, okay, I have an offer for you!"

"Offer? What kind of offer? Why should I trust you?"

"Calm down, calm down, let me explain!" he said. "It's something that will make life here a lot more... exciting!"

"That's an automatic no," he said. "Exciting means -y in your vocabulary."

"No, it has nothing to do with !" he shouted. "Just hear me out and you can decide whether you want it or not."

"Fine," Makoto replied. "Explain."

"Well... I have come across a device that can... well... control people. And I'm thinking... you're a hormonal eighteen year old. I figured you might want it to be a little easier to have... fun here."

"What."

"Basically, I can install triggers in people and alter their behavior. Now, I figured I could form this into a fun, pleasureable game for you."

"Why would I do that?" he asked. "And what do you mean by pleasurable?"

"Sex, Makoto! You're so fucking dense! You can use that power to fuck all the girls here! Well, to be fair, not all of them are sexual, but this will be fun! Besides, I've made it so they won't possibly get pregnant!"

True, he was a hormonal teenager. But that doesn't mean he really wanted this. Besides, he's probably lying to get him to do something that would lead to .

"I see you're having some doubts," Monokuma said. "I'll make this decision easy for you. In just a few hours, I'll present a motive to give your friends a bigger reason to kill each other. If you decide to accept my game, I'll delay the motive."

"How long will you delay it?" Makoto asked.

"Well, it depends on how good you are at the game!" Monokuma replied. "Think of it like Tetris. There's no way for you to beat Tetris, but you can play it for a damn long time. But the moment you lose and all the lines pile up, game over! You lose!"

"So you're saying if I'm good at this game, then I could delay the motive indefinitely?"

"Well, yes! That doesn't exactly guarantee that no one will kill, but it gives them less of a reason to."

He thought about it. "How bad is the motive?"

"Well, it'll be remarkably efficient. I will tell you with 100% certainty that if you do nothing, someone will die by tomorrow."

"..."

"So? Is it a deal?"

"It's a deal." Makoto said, shaking the bear's hand.

"Puhuhu! The rules will be explained in your handbook! I have some other things to take care of, so be sure to read it thoroughly!"

Makoto's handbook buzzed as Monokuma vanished. He sighed and pulled it out of his pocket. "Triggers? I won't believe it. Hopefully he's true to his word and delays it."

Trigger Game Instructions and Rules

  • On your Handbook is a chart displaying all of the girls involved in the game.
  • Each girl will have an action displayed under their portraits. If you perform the appropriate action, that girl will unlock a trigger.
  • Above the chart, it will display your Action Status. These dictate the extent of the actions you have to take out. The statuses are Innocent, Slightly Hormonal, Perverted, and Creep. They will update after a certain amount of actions have been completed. When the Action Status increases, all current Actions will be replaced.
  • A trigger will only be considered to become "unlocked" if the girl associated with it comprehends what you've done. For example, if you have an action that states "Break into her room", then the trigger will only unlock once the girl notices her room's been broken into.
  • There are two types of triggers: Passive Triggers and Active Triggers. Passive Trigger is a behavior that the girl will always carry out, even if you don't actively ask for it. Active Triggers require an action or a phrase in order to activate. A red hint will unlock an Active trigger and a blue hint will unlock a Passive trigger.
  • Successfully unlocking a trigger will clear everyone's memory of the actions you took to unlock it. Your handbook will buzz and everyone in the academy will zone out for a certain amount of time. This is called Clean-Up Time, and it should be used to clean up any messes made while completing a task. The length of time depends on the action, but it will be between one minute and sixty minutes depending on the seriousness.
  • Triggers will not specifically harm you.
  • Each girl will have a different set of triggers. Some triggers do overlap, however.
  • Once a trigger is unlocked, you will receive its name and information regarding it.
  • Tap on a girl's portrait and mouse over their 'Triggers' tab to see any triggers they have accumulated. All triggers will become permanent and irreversible.
  • Tap on a girl's portrait and mouse over their 'Profile' tab to see information about them. More information will be unlocked the more triggers are unlocked.
  • Makoto Naegi is the only person who can set off an active trigger.

Conditions for Losing the Game:

  • Taking too long to unlock a trigger. Currently the limit is 12 hours. This time limit will extend to 24 after unlocking the first trigger, and will extend to 48 after unlocking at least two triggers for each girl.
  • Dying. The motive will be revealed immediately after your class trial.
  • The Killing Game ends

Helpful Tips:

  • The girls are still themselves. Don't be too hasty unless you're certain a trigger will take care of it.
  • Please note that even though an action may be perverted, that doesn't necessarily mean the trigger will be perverted. Contrary, even though an action may be innocent, you might still get a perverted trigger. Try to think about which actions are worth it.
  • Try not to fail actions. If you fail an action, you can retry, but the memory of the failed attempt will not be wiped.
  • Try not to be suspicious around men. Men will not be affected by the triggers, and being caught by them will tarnish your reputation.
  • After unlocking a trigger, use the zone-out time to make it look like nothing suspicious happened.

Makoto looked at the page. Sure enough, there were seven portraits there and several hints underneath.

Current Action Status: Innocent (Will update to Slightly Hormonal in 2 Actions)

  • (0) Kyoko Kirigiri - Get her head wet (Blue)
  • (0) Sayaka Maizono - Be alone in a room together (Red)
  • (0) Junko Enoshima - Stare at each other for at least ten seconds (Blue)
  • (0) Celestia Ludenberg - See her without her hair drills (Red)
  • (0) Aoi Asahina - Ask her for a cup of tea (Blue)
  • (0) Toko Fukawa - See her without her glasses (Red)
  • (0) Sakura Ogami - Exercise with her for at least five minutes (Red)

First of all... where's Chihiro? Why isn't she on this list? Well, the reason why wasn't very important. He simply guessed that meant Chihiro would be exempt from the game, at least. . These actions seemed innocent enough, so he figured they wouldn't be a big deal if he tried it out.

He tapped on Sayaka's profile to see that it was completely blank. There was no picture and no text, the only interactable thing was the Back button. He went and checked every profile to see they were all the same.

"Huh. This... This can't be real. Might as well do one to delay the motive, though."

Which girl does he test his first action on?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)