More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by shadow_faith13 shadow_faith13

Does Dai follow Hotaru?

Dai follows Hotaru

I couldn't shake the thought of Hotaru needing me. I knew her well. Few things troubled her. The way she clutched the envelope seemed to exude more hatred than lust. The last time she had been avoidant like this was in middle school when she was being bullied by some mean girls for her pale white skin and red hair. "Gaijin" they called her. Unlike the girls Hotaru was adopted by a Japanese couple after being found abandoned just outside the American Okinawa military base. She kept this bullying a secret from me for months because she didn't want to worry me about it. In the end I reported it to the teacher and Hotaru was moved schools and into my class. After a few weeks she was happy again, free of her bullies. It would have to be a pretty serious issue for Hotaru to hide her problems from me.

I would often study with Hotaru. She lived next to the bread shop that I sometimes frequent. Luckily for me, the manager of the bread shop often talked to me at length. I talked while glancing every now and then at Hotaru's front door. A flash of red. She was leaving. I quickly said my goodbyes. I told Mrs Imamura a half lie.
"I really ought to go now... Yes I have a date today... Of course Mrs Imamura, I'll enjoy the pork floss buns" I added, shadowing Hotaru's movements.

She walked into the forest, looking intently left and right. She looked spooked, alert and aware. She passed the fountain and started walking down the trail. Our trail. The trail that led to our special place among the cherry blossom trees. I had a brief flashback to what Orochi said yesterday. "Could she have another...?" I the thought out of my mind as I followed her through the trail. She stopped and looked around the clearing as I hid behind the tree.
"I know you're there!" Hotaru announced. I gulped. Busted.
However, before I could reveal myself Hotaru added "I can smell you, youma scum!"

I crept back behind the tree. "Youma?" I thought to myself. Weren't youma mythical creatures that wanted to end humankind? I hadn't heard that word since my mother read me storybooks. I peeked my head out. Hotaru pumped up her fist. She seemed to take the threat of youma incredibly seriously. Had I not known Hotaru for most of my life I would have assumed she was insane, staring into the darkness that surrounded the cherry blossom trees.

A cold sensation made my body shiver. At first I assumed it was just a wet falling blossom, but the sensation remained. I began to feel the texture of the touch against my skin. It wasn't soft like a cherry blossom, it was much harder, much sharper. Another cold sensation wrapped around my mouth. This time I knew it wasn't a blossom.
A cold, sharp hand caressed my skin. I tried to scream. Nothing came out.
I looked down. One dark ethereal hand had covered my mouth.
Each fingertip in the hand resembled knives. A dark smoke flowed off the hand blending into the air.

"COME OUT YOU COWARD!" Hotaru screamed in the clearing. She turned around madly, trying to find something. Our eyes briefly made contact.
"Dai?" She whispered in a confused voice.

What happens next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)