More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by elmer7780 elmer7780

Who are you?

Daeel Rodfin, Male, 28, Human, Seeking wife

Elrond and Celebrian by rysowAnia
Elrond and Celebrian by rysowAnia

Madness.

That is what they call this mountain because it never seems to sleep, chills you to the bone, and invokes dire images in weak minds. Some of the rumors may be simply exaggerated by those who probably were mad before they attempted to visit the mountain. Perhaps they just wanted to garner attention to themselves.

The true madness, however, lies within the mountain and below. You are prepared to take the first step into Madness and the resulting darkness of the cavern. Why? Only mad men would dare to risk their lives and sanity to dive into the depths of the mountain for their own selfish goals whether it be for fame, the dreams of beautiful beings to invoke pleasure, or to be the first to take hold the power of the ancient city that supposedly exists below.

Your goal is . As crazy as it sounds and maybe it is because you finally lost your mind, you believe the soul of your beloved elven wife, Elayna Rodfin is trapped in the belly of the mountains. You aren't sure how deep she is trapped nor are you sure if she truly exists under Madness. The only reason you are here is because you had a dream before she died in her bed without warning.

A cackling voice spoke to you while you were asleep two months ago, taunting you that it would take the wife, you had been married to for just three years, away. To get her back, you had to find it at Madness. You were skeptical of course and you had no idea who this maniac in your head is, but when you woke up the next morning with Elanya wrapped around you...

She wasn't breathing.

For a 231-year-old beautiful elf to die before her first human husband was unheard of. There was no explanation for her . She was healthy and her body was full of strength, curvaceous love, and beauty. None of the wizards or clerics could explain why she "died", but one thing is for certain which made you believe you had to leave for Madness, her body wouldn't decay. In fact, it felt lukewarm all the time despite the fact that her heart and breathing stopped. Her whole body should have felt cold after a day, but it never lost heat. After a month of painful observation of keeping her outside without burying her body, you realized that there wasn't a fly that would attempt to touch and lay their eggs in this "corpse". The very reason is because she isn't a corpse. Her temperature always remains consistent and it never appears that nature would take over as it did with the rest of men and women.

It is as if her body is made to be returned to. There is no explanation for this strange magic...miracle...or curse. If there is one place where strange phenomena occurred, it is always related to Madness in some fashion.

Your neighbors and friends pleaded for you to forget about Elayna and normally, you would move on, but with your wife's body intact and the strange dream taunting you to come find your wife, you could not ignore the call.

So now, here you are. You were a ranger before you settled down with Elayna who was also a former ranger. Your stamina and instincts are your primary advantage to survive. Are you entirely confident under the gaze of Madness? No, absolutely not.

You are scared, but you will learn to breathe and adapt. Madness is one place you do not plan on continuing to fear and the fact you made the journey here is already proof that you took the first step in changing. Against all the odds, you ill become mad if the mountain required it.

Taking steps to enter the darkness of the cave, you lit a stick with fire and tread cautiously with two knives at your belt in their sheath, a full arrow holster around your back, and your bow secured to your side. You are at a clear disadvantage despite how well armed you are since you need light to help guide you and, as a result, you will be an easy target for your enemies.

Entering Madness, what happens next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)