More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Nemo of Utopia Nemo of Utopia

Which Character's Story Do You Wish To Read?

Cyma Tyrnea'anea of the Silken Blow. (Vampiric Elven Wizard. "Part-Quest"...)

Somewhere between the Hehrakkess and Kurvannug storylines, this story will be 'Part-Quest'. Sometimes I will call for suggestions and ideas at the end of a chapter, but I will not be obliged to follow any of them, though I probably will. This also frees me to add whenever the mood takes me, even if I have no new Ideas to key off of from the readers. At other times, when I feel it beneficial, I will post questions like in a full Quest story, but unlike the quest stories These are more guidelines than hard rules...

On with the Show!


Night had fallen, and with it Cyma rose from her coffin. It had been 11 years tonight since she had last witnessed a sunrise or sunset, and she mourned the loss of of that event each and every night.


It had seemed easy enough, a young human necromancer had turned himself into a vampire and was terrorizing the citizens of Balinarisha's southern port city, Gulfport. Find the vampire, kill him, bring back his magical staff "the Stave of Kunaxis" as proof of his : get paid AND gain a potent magic item... 'Keyonna' (as was Cyma's name then,) should have known better.

Cyma's band had done well enough against the skeletons, zombies, and other mindless undead; but when they reached the Vampires lair, everything went sideways.

"A Wizard prepares." It is said, and Drew Merced was certainly prepared for them.
He had disabled them all in under 30 seconds, then had them hauled away for later feeding, in Cyma's case while she was still conscious, just paralyzed by one of the ghouls he'd hired. That wasn't enough for him though. Rather than kill her when he drained her of blood, he turned her into another abomination like himself: forcing her to feed on one of her own companions. Over time she learned much from her new master, all his spells, all his secrets, and eventually she convinced him to release her from his thrall.

Soon after that was when she struck. Though Drew was an accomplished wizard, it's a poor student who cannot surpass their teacher, and Cyma had surpassed Drew Merced by an order of magnitude. She made common cause with the next group of adventures who came hunting "The Terror of Gulfport", helped them kill her 'Master', and in exchange they allowed her to live. Months later she arranged to buy back her master's enchanted staff and then fled the city.

With a handful of minions she journeyed by night to the Lombard Woods near the border with Centralia and built herself a dungeon and tower just inside the forests edge, where she began teaching wizardry to those with the necessary keenness of mind. The occasional band of would be heroes came in search of her, but the local communities told them off more often than not, because she was scrupulous about helping to solve any monster problems they encountered. The ones who wouldn't listen to reason she let attack her tower: and then had arrested by the local constables for Breaking And Entering, With A Deadly Weapon, Armed Robbery, Aggravated Burglary, and a host of other charges.

Word got around: Vampire she might be, but she was a scrupulously law abiding Vampire, and more of a danger to stupid people who attacked her, (and that indirectly,) than the king's loyal subjects.


It had been five years since the last adventurer attack when the Lafaeth raiding party came six months ago.

They attacked during the day, not terribly surprising, but what was surprising was what alerted her to the attack: not her alarm spells, but the of several of her students. She stood against them briefly, but realized that she was outclassed, and turned to flee. Cyma barely escaped with her life, but managed to spirit away the three things that were most precious to her and regroup ten nights later with a handful of her minions, three lucky surviving students, and her lover.

They found the tower a burnt out ruin and mostly collapsed into the dungeon beneath, which also had been destroyed.

They knew it was time to move on: the Elven Raiders would just come back, so they salvaged what they could and bought a few covered wagons then set out on the road southeast.


Three months later and three months ago they all had arrived here: the Sovereign County of Tepasia, hard against the border of the Tribal Communities in the south east of the Gelempth Principalities. Cyma had done what she had to do and ensnared the dying and childless count's mind with magic, forcing him to marry her. She had boosted his vitality with her magic enough that he was able to have sex again, and they did almost daily for two months: which, with the help of a secret Romany potion, got her pregnant with the count's only 'living' children. (Fraternal quadruplets according to the divinations: one son and three daughters.)

Now Cyma was the Dowager Countess Regent for her unborn Dhampire children, specifically the count's son, who she already planned to name after his father "Vladimir Voronoy Vincent Vaganov II".


Cyma walked out into the night air of her balcony and thought about her loyal cadre of survivors, who might end up being the only thing that prevented the enraged nobility of the neighboring pocket fiefdoms from murdering her and her children...


Questions To Answer This Time:

1: What 3 precious things did Cyma spirit away during the attack?

1a: The Amulets of Arbroath.
(Magical lockets which allows the wearers to communicate telepathically as long as they remain faithful to their oaths.)
1b: her pre-existing Dhampire Child(ren).
1c: Her Coffin.
1d: The Altoona Gem.
(A great source of magical power.)
1e: The Stave of Kunaxis.
1f: Her Pornography Collection
1g: Gold and Gems.
1h: Her Research Into Becoming A Litch.

2: What Are Cyma's Minions?

2a: Skeletons
2b: Goblins
2c: Zombies
2d: Dwarves
2e: Elementals
2f: Catfolk
2g: Golems
2h: Humans
2i: Demons
2j: Elves

3: Who were the three students who survived the Elven attack?

3A: Maitria Norreraheal the Illusionist (FEBT)
3B: Beatrice Clair Sturgis the Evoker (FHHL)
3C: Zithembi Dravosh the Abjurer (MCHL)
3D: Snorgi Harold's-Son the Enchanter (MDHL)
3E: Iraebaste Arkenana the Necromancer (MEBL)
3F: Suthu Fari the Diviner. (FCBT)
3G: Sharna "Golden-Hair" Greselmacka the Illusionist (FGHL)
3H: Rachel Jones; the Necromancer (FHHT)
3I: Kile "Vambrace" Raborkian the Illusionist (MGBT)
3J: Alexandra Jade Cindy Kodiak the Conjurer (FHBL)
3L: Helga Kroner's-Doter the Universalist (FDLL)
3M: Izod Mogul's-Son the Transmuter (MDHT)
3N: Nell Blackburn the Necromancer (FHBL)
3O: Gorgal Giant-Killer the Universalist (FOBL)

4: Who Is Cyma's Once-And-Futrure Lover?

4a: Gila Marshall
(A dark skinned human woman skilled with swords.)
4b: Koraias Baequi'undlin
(An Elven man of uncertain history but incredible stamina.)
4c: Daimian Sunspire
(Her first necromancy student who seduced her and proved his ardor as a lover within a year of becoming her apprentice.)
4d: Ghularavick Thrice-Wedded
(An Eyrenies who has deserted from the legions of Hell and now, [like Cyma herself,] seeks redemption.)
4e: One of the Apprentices above.
(Addotionaly to this choice you must give the entry number of the Apprentice in question. Also requires parseing the code letters that accompany each entry, any submissions for her lover's identity whose code letters are somehow unsuitable will be ignored.)
4f: Doubles:
(Pick up to two characters from the list above, [only one of which may be an apprentice,] Cyma was having a triad with both of them, and hopefully will again.)
4*: User Write In...
*(Write in votes must be extremely concise: any write-ins more than 5 words long for the name and/or 25 for the description are disqualified, as are any using words of more than 10 syllables for the name or 5 for the description. Also please number your vote as though adding it to the end of this list, not with an asterisk. Furthermore, I reserve the right to reject any/all user write ins which I feel do not fit this character or the spirit of the story in general: Don't whine if this happens. Lastly, while you MAY add suggestions which are for two characters the characters are numbered and voted for separately.)

And So We Begin!

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)