More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by RicoLouis RicoLouis

What's next?

Create A Story

+Create A New Story

+ New Story
To start a story go to little down arrow in the top right corner. Click it to open up the menu. You will see the + New Story option. Click it to start a new story. You may left click it to open it in a new window so you can refer back to this page as needed.

Cover Page
You will see a little icon of a book. Here you can add a picture for your story. Pictures or very important because people do judge a book by its cover. Think of it as bait to draw people to your story.

Title
Here you will add the title of your story.

Subtitle
Here you will add a subtitle for your title.

Synopsis
Here you will add a short description of your story.

Writer Guidelines
If you would like writers to add to your story then this allows you to tell the writer what are your guidelines. This can be helpful to keep everyone working together towards the same goal.

POV
This set the tone of the story.
First Person: Your character refers to himself as I
Second Person The Character is refereed to you as if the they are taking part in the story.
Third person The Character is refereed to as he or she.
Gender
Male The story is told from a male POV
Female The story is told from a female POV
Both Allows the reader to choose their gender or pick from different characters.

Story Mode
This determines who can add to your story and how much control you have over it.
Public Anyone can add to your story freely.
Moderate People may add to your story but you have to approve the chapters as they are added.
Private No one can add to your story giving you complete control.

Categories
This allow you to put your story into a section so it can be read by others who like those kind of stories. Picking one can be hard if you are writing a multi-genre story however if your story has hardcore themes you generally want to put it in a section with those themes. Such as if you have a BDSM story set in the future then you would want to go to pick BDSM.

Language
Chyoa allows you to put your stories into multiple languages. That is if you can read and write them.

Readers can enter details about the character.
This section allows the writer to make the story more personal for the reader. By clicking the little box a small window will open up.
Variable This is what you will type into the story. For example if you type in {first_name} into your story whenever the reader reads it the story it will read as whatever name the reader choose or it will show the default name. When typing in your story remember that the letters case sensitive so if you type {First_Name} using capital letters in the story but have {first_name} as the option then it will not work properly.
Description Tells the reader what they are naming.
Default Value This sets a substitute name if the reader does not give one.

Chapters can have conditions.
Clicking this box will activate game mode which allows the the story played as a game. The conditions mean you have to meet some requirements or make certain choices to take certain paths. To put it simply imagine there are two doors to pick from but one is locked. You will have to find the key to open the other door.

Continue
This takes you to the introduction page so you can start writing your story.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)