More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by mally01 mally01

Coronation.Which path awaits.

Conundrum.

A year had passed since Princess Arerto had become Queen on her mother's , a year today in fact. Arerto found herself in her command tent on the battlefield surrounded by her generals. She looked around the tent, settled her eyes on her second-in-command general Freya, and cleared her throat. "So general Freya what is your advice on the situation?". General Freya looked around the table knowing that her Queen had asked her because she knew she would get a true answer." My queen our troops are tired it has been a long campaign one which was started by the enemy and we got drawn in defending an ally. We have several choices to end this campaign one of which will go against all we believe in as Amazons! Arerto looked her general in the eyes again seeing no duplicity coming from her second in command and also her most trusted friend since the academy back in Talia. "Please general would you care to explain." the general once again spoke.

"One. We can order a tactical retreat back to a defensive line and hope we can hold that line. For some reason, our losses have not been as readily replaced by Talia. It would seem that your sister Princess Chasin is holding back these reinforcements from us and I have no knowledge of why. I can make an assumption that she wishes to usurp the throne and to do that she would need an army at her side. On the other side of the coin, there may not be enough volunteers to make up a reinforcement army. Either way without replacements for our losses it is tactically ill-advised to hold out ground here. So I would suggest a retreat to the natural border along the river Junice it will be easier to defend with our depleted army.

Two. We could mount an all-out surprise attack against the weakest part of the enemy's line. If we can turn just one of his flanks and strike at his supply caravans we have a chance. The Infantry would create a breach in the line and our mounted troops could pour through into his rear areas causing panic. With this done we would be in a better place to talk peace on our terms rather than on his terms. However, there are risks if we fail there will not be enough troops to hold a line at the river. Once over the Junice, the whole of our realm would be open to conquer and there would be little we can do to stop that.

Three. We can surrender to the enemy which would go against all of our Amazonian traditions. We can only hope that the barbarians will be merciful and that would be a big ask." The general continued to look at her Queen and friend as she finished speaking Arerto stood and dismissed her generals including her friend and knew she had a big decision to make. Give ground and prepare a defence or go on the attack and hope it succeeded or surrender going against all of her upbringing. The longer she thought about the issue the easier she was coming to her outcome. She took out a parchment and found her quill and ink and started to write an order for general Freya. With the order completed she sealed the parchments will her royal insignia and summoned Bella her maid and told her to deliver the parchment in the morning. Bella bade Arerto a goodnight's rest and Arerto headed to her battlefield cot and lay down.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)