More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by frozenangel frozenangel

Continue with the story or get some info?

Continue

Note:
PWR PTS = Power points

You are enthusiastic about your first day as a trainee in the CHYOA Motor Company Ltd. You heard many good things about the company, especially how if you worked hard enough and impressed the right people you would be able to rise through the ranks rapidly and with great ease. Unfortunately, no one had informed you how that used to apply only to female trainees. Though time has passed since that was true, there was still some preferential treatment towards women, mostly because the senior management was scared of being fined again.

On your way to the designated trainee area of the offices, you find out just how well the company is doing. Through the huge marble reception and security scanners, then onto glass lifts and enormous busy hallways. Sounds of phones ringing and photocopying machines, office chit chat and clicking of heels were everywhere around you. Your excitement grew more and more, reaching its peak when you were about to enter the trainee section.

It was 5 minutes to 8 o'clock in the morning when you reached the doors to your new job. Unfortunately, through the glass door you noticed the room was already filled with people. Then it dawned on you that the trainee greeting must have started earlier than expected, because you were sure that you arrived on time. In fact, you were 5 minutes early. Panic came over you as you pushed the cold metal handle of the glass door.

The crowd inside was quiet with everyone's backs turned to you. They were carefully listening to a female voice that was in front of them. However, as you entered the room their attention shifted, causing some people to glance in your direction. The female speaker noticed this and paused.

She announced, "Will the newcomer who just entered, please step to the front!"

Now more and more people were turning to look at you, the newcomer. You make your way to the front of the crowd and soon discover the origins of the female voice. It was a petite woman in a pantsuit. She was standing confidently with her arms crossed, and seemed to be in charge of trainee greeting. Next to her, there were two other important, seated figures - a man and a woman. From their office attire you guessed they were senior management. The petite woman in the suit and the one sitting were looking straight at you whereas the man was too busy with his smartphone. Embarrassment came flooding.

The woman continued, "Here is the exact example why you should always be 15 minutes early. You might miss a vital meeting like Mr..."

She again paused, waiting for you to insert your family name into her sentence and you do, however, not loudly enough.

"I'm sorry, it seems that this trainee is not only tardy, but has also forgotten to eat his breakfast. Please speak up!"

You were at the center of attention, causing you to become even redder, as you recite your last name again, this time round loudly enough. She continued her speech, not squandering any opportunity to mock you or use your name in some hypothetical bad scenario.

Alert:
You loose 1 power point

Before long her agonizing speech was over, and every trainee was given a list of things to do during the first day. The list consisted mostly of meetings with the other department heads who had their own small speeches. After those, you had a break to socialize with other trainees and some of the employees.

Who do you decide to meet?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)