More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by CuckqueanQueen CuckqueanQueen

What's next?

Completing A Favor

"Well remember when Judd helped us move that furniture and said we owe him a favor?" Rory said, glancing over at Myles for a quick second before looking back to the road in front of him.

"Yeah" Myles replied simply; he and Rory were doing what boiled down to odd jobs for a quick buck and ended up halfway across town helping a young woman named Eve move into a new apartment. Even with him, Rory, and Eve going all hands on deck. There had been this one couch that had been impossible to move upstairs to the apartment; too heavy to take in one go and placing it on the stairs was impossible because it would just slide down and become a problem thanks to missing one leg. And though she was trying so hard; Eve was petite and not particularly physically inclined so he and Rory and he were doing most of the heavy lifting and well neither of them were particularly physically inclined either.

So after some deliberating on what to do, they had invited Rory's friend Judd to help. Rory had negotiated that they wouldn't split the money with Judd but instead that they would owe Judd a favor for later down the line if he helped them and Judd had been satisfied with the offer and taken it. So Judd came and helped them out and left empty-handed. While he and Rory split $1,000 between them evenly.

"Well use your context clues" Rory says.

"Well yeah no I got that, he called in for the favor but what are we doing exactly?" Myles looks over Rory with a questioning eyebrow.

"Well Judd had to do something at this current hour but his sister is coming into town on a bus and well we're picking her up at the bus depot" Rory explains at last.

"So we're playing taxi"

"Well it's not the worst job we've done and it's for a friend and also a favor we owe so we have to shut up and not complain" Rory says. "I picked you up about 30 minutes early before she's scheduled to get here so you want to grab a bite to eat or do you think it'll be better manners for us to wait so we could get something for the lady too?"

Eat Now or Later?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)