More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by mally01 mally01

Coronation.Which path awaits.

Claiming a throne.

Arerto lay in her bed close to sweating as a healer attended her. Arerto's eyes were closed as she drifted into a deep slumber. As she dropped deeper in unconsciousness the veil started to clear and a light appeared to her and from the light came the non-corporal figure of a female. Arerto recognised the figure of Simetra the goddess of Freeconia.

"Arerto hear me you will not die this day you have been fated to go on an adventure. An adventure to claim your birthright. You must travel south and seek out a peasant woman who wears a red patch on her skirt and she will tell you more. I can only protect you so many times and cannot answer your questions. Sleep now in peace Arerto your journey starts soon."

The vision faded and Arerto slept peacefully until the next morning when the healer came in and was amazed to see Arerto awake. She was sitting up in her bed eating a hearty breakfast and seemed excited about something. Arerto explained that she had to travel south on a mission for Simetra. The healer scoffed but could see that Arerto was serious so she dug out some clothes.

Once Arerto had bathed and dressed in the blouse and leather trousers she went looking for the healer who she found in the attic. Before the healer was a chest and inside the chest was some leather armour which the healer told Arerto that it belonged to Fredrika her mother. The healer said that Arerto should take it for her journey and handed it to Arerto.

Arerto strapped the armour around her chest and upper thighs then donned the leather boots that had metal shin and calf guards sown in. Arerto noted that the scabbard was empty until the healer handed her a sword placing it in the scabbard. Lastly, Arerto was handed a small sack with some provisions for the mission. Kissing the healer and saying thank you Arerto headed to the stable.

Taking her horse who she had named Sera she mounted and headed south towards her fate watching the sun as it rose in the east. It amused Arerto that most people know that the Sun "rises in the east and sets in the west". However, most people don't realize that is a generalization. Actually, the Sun only rises due east and sets due west on 2 days of the year -- the spring and fall equinoxes!

Her adventure had started as she looked back one last time to see her healer tending to more people.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)