More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by PoXylo PoXylo

What's next?

Claimed by Unnaturality

Chapter 0:2: Dread

"Hahaha..." you looked at the setting sun and knew you should get to Harris fast, your parents should come home soon and you should be there to be with the drunk pair of them. You turn your head and...

What you see is a incomprehesible sight, obscure enough to think of it as a product of a twisted and bent part of an insane persons imagination. Something was flying in the distance. You weren't really making out the shape of a bird, the only thing to you capable of flying. It was big, bigger than any bird should be, if seen at such a distance. It had four legs and wings? Three heads? You rubbed your eyes for half a second at east before opening them again. It was gone.

"Hey, what is it? Have you seen something you liked?" Abby asked you with a proud and half laughing voice, still thinking that you were flustered or stunned by her actions. The teasing had left your mind as soon as you saw that thing.

"Hey I think I should go to Harris, it's getting dark and my Parents should be home soon and Harry and Narcissa are alone."

"Oh... Yeah. Ok let's head back then, think my fater should be home already and mother making dinner, or atleast getting ready to make dinner." She said already on her feet and waiting for you to follow her.

You leapt to your feet and somewhat instinctively grabbed her hand. It was neither romantic nor in anyway erotic, it was a most awkward gesture, she was nonetheless grabbing back your hand and pulled you behind her as she hurried down towards the town.


After a long phisically and mentally abusive dinner, you had gonne to bed and wanted to reflect what Harris had told you about smithmanship. You thought about the old but burly and certainly strong man. Harris had been the main smith for the King once, he had back then made the most exquisite swords and best armor. Not that you ever were in attendence at that time, all that was about two decades ago.When you asked him about swordsmithing, he had his usual stoic facial expression on but something had changed. Two things precisely were diffrent. Both of his bagged, grey eyes were now as if alight, as if you had ignited a long burned out hearth with your question.

After about an hour or maybe two, you felt like you knew everything he knew about sword craftsmanship. You went over what he said were the most important things in the process of making a sword.

The selection of the material, then the heating treatment, the folding of the blade, aswell as the long time it takes to shape the blade, concluding the blade making with sharpening the blade.

Even though you didn't really get the part at the end when Harris started to talk about working in certain components at the folding step, like...silver? Or fangs, scales or other materials with 'MAGICAL' attributes? "He must be insane." You thought to yourself. "Time has taken it's toll on him." you ended the train of thought and fell asleep.


"Now I'm an adult, but do I want to stay here in this town?" You were on the field, dreaming and thinking about what to do. Go to the kingscity and become a soldier and knight in his army, stay here and become a guard in the towns militia, you just didn't know.

It was early in the morning the sun hadn't fully risen, the wind was blowing, not too strong but yet chilly all around the field. The sky was rather cloudless, now slowly turning red and the wind... wait why red? Shouldn't the sky become more blue the higher the sun rises?

Suddenly a loud ground breaking noise filled the air, as you look around you can't seem to find the origin of the sound you become anxious and more nervous than you ever had been, you heart starts pounding so furiously, that you are sure it will break through your ribcage. You try to run back to the house but... you can't find anyone. Not Alice, not Harry, not Quentin and somehow most fightning to you, you also can't find Narcissa. "WHERE ARE YOU?" You shout out, hoping to find them. By now while you have been searching, the sky has been turned into a crimson shade, its looks less like a sky and more like the rivers of blood you would have when you cut your arm off. "WHAT IS GOING ON?" By now you have run to the house of Abbigail and quite litteraly broken open the door and looked around searching for a life form.

There you can see her, looking through the house you find what seems to be her room. She is lying in bed, soundly asleep. As you blink for what feels the first time blinking in three hours, she was gone...

"What is going on?" The questions burning inside your head. "Where is everyone?"

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)