More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Sarin Sarin

Who is it?

Chris, 25 years, Animatronic engineer

4 years, I worked at that place for 4 years, in the Fred's Family Dinner, the place pretty much became my second home, not in a good way, before I could go out every weekend with my friends and I even had a girlfriend and we were together for two years, but after I got this job I had to spend many weekends working and it was even difficult to find time for my girl and one day she left me, she was very patient with me, I think.

My job is to just do maintenance on the animatronics and obviously fix them when something breaks which is quite common. Toy Freddy sings often and that's why we have three speakers stored and I have to keep at least one of them working for the shows, Toy Bonny has a guitar and usually a specialist calibrate it, but if it was up to him, we would be without it for a entire month, so I had to learn to do the calibration myself.

The worst were Toy Chica and Mangle. Toy Chica was a favorite of many children and because of they would often hang on her arm, make drawings and leave ketchup marks on strange places, once they even gave her a piece of pizza to "eat", it was an unfortunate job to clean it all up.

Mangle is by far the one that gave me the most work, the pizzeria owner left it in a separate place, because the stage where the band performed had no space for more than three animatronics, so they left Mangle in one of the rooms for the kids to see, until they managed to expand, which they never actually did, with time the children started to play with her, breaking, disassembling and reassembling until it became something that I can't even describe so I won't try and the worst thing is that I have to fix everything, what it varies from easy to a great challenge depending on the damage, in addition, children have already been caught trying to get out with some parts, a bolt, a piece of wire, there was another one that almost ran away with one of the eyes.

In my first year it looked like hell, but then I got used to it and even liked it a little bit, I got to the point where... you know when you get so attached to a car and start talking to it while you clean it? It was the same for me, only with animatronics and unlike a car they respond, don't think anything silly, they have very advanced AI and dialogue programs, so they can respond to simple commands.

Returning to the present, the establishment will close and the animatronics will be relocated, if they are lucky. I should have been off duty, but as I got attached to them I ended up using this time to clean them up and make some minor adjustments, after all I doubt the next guy they hire will know the difference between a nut and a bolt. Just in case, before I go I did a performance test and at the end each one responded with a "Thanks for the excellent service". A pre-programmed sentence, but in one part of my mind I imagine that was sincere.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)