More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2

Three days later, on Halloween night...

Chelsey met up with Vanessa and Penny.

(slight A/N; sorry for the leftover planning text in some chapters, I was tired while writing them, and must have forgot to save after deleting them from the published chapters ._.)


Halloween night always had a unique feeling associated with it, for Chelsey, at least. Her feelings on the holiday seemed to change every year; from excitement, to a nervous anticipation; from childish joy, to reminiscent nostalgia. This year was a bit different, however. Chelsey was excited, sure, but also had an odd sense of dread, as if something bad was about to happen. Yet, it also felt like something incredible was on the horizon, an opportunity to indulge in some life-long fantasy, some deep, repressed urge.

Thinking over the deal Vanessa had proposed to Chelsey three nights earlier as she strolled through the streets, the well-dressed shortstack made her way towards their dedicated meeting spot. Soon arriving, spotting her friend group, she jogged up to them, greeting them with a friendly wave.

"Hey, Chel! You made it. Ready for a night of non-stop crappy scares and candy scores?" Asked Rosie, yet another one of Chelsey's close friends. Rosie was a bit more hyper than most people in her friend group, and was an eighteen-year-old blonde-haired bombshell, with curves to make even Chelsey's look like straight edges. This Halloween, she was dressed as some sort of princess, most likely a discount version of a Dis-knee movie princess.

"Yep, got my gameface on. I vill sakk your blaahd! *Hisss!*" Chelsey joked, pretendingly preparing to pounce at Rosie's neck, arousing a giggle out of the others in her friend group.

Looking around however, Chelsey couldn't see Vanessa anywhere. Turning to Penny, who was dressed in a store-bought Mummy costume, Chelsey asked; "Hey, uh, Pen, where's Nessa? Haven't seen her around yet."

"Ooooh, right! She said she was, uh, kinda busy with the last minute party prep. She was also getting the, er costume that we, heheh, put together for you!" The mummy-wrapped girl responded, Chelsey taking note of her slight snicker as she mentioned the costume she and Vanessa had made Chelsey.

Once again, that feeling of oddly exciting dread came over the Vampiricly dressed girl, as she pondered just what the costume they made for her could be. Yet again, she shoved the thought aside, hoping and praying on her somewhat dwindling trust in her best friends.

"Well, alright. Guess we should get going then?" Pausing for the group to confirm they were all ready, Chelsey continued after every costume-glad girl had nodded in approval. "Great. Then, let's go get some candy!"

And thus, the group headded down the streets, along their pre-determined route, designed to hit the most houses as auick as possible. Due to their prior planning, Chelsey and Penny were to split off from the group when they got to the outside of the neighborhood, and head down South Lew Dr. to get to the party, and for Chelsey to try on and trick or treat in her costume.

Gathering a near full bucket of candy by the end of the trip, Chelsey noted that the others had slightly litgher bags, as per usual. While Chelsey didn't think much of it, her friends all stared in slight envy at her full pouch, most of them having to go down another few streets to catch up. Splitting up, the main group continued on, as the two childhood friends walked down the sparsely populated road.

Penny especially had a poor yield this year, though she didn't let it show if it bothered her much. Chelsey offered to share a few times on their walk, but every time she did Penny would refuse her generosity.

Finally, they reached the meeting point with Vanessa, the costumed girl waiting there for them in a similarly storebought skeleton costume to Penny's. Waving at the two, she pulled them into a strangely large bus stop on the roadside, equipped with toilets and a small walled-off covered area.

"Hey, 'bout time you two showed up." Greeted Vanessa, who was holding a large bag in her hands.

Penny smirked, and motioned to the bag. "Those the goods?" She asked, snickering a bit.

"Yep, genuine home-constructed costume, made juuust for our dear Chelsey here. You can head into a stall in the girls bathroom to change. We'll be waiting out here." The equally as smug-looking Vanessa instructed the ever more nervous Chelsey.

"Haha, yeah, uh, s-sure!" Chelsey agreed, taking the bag and heading into the bathroom, occupying one of the two oddly spacious stalls to change in. Though she wanted to have faith in her friends, she wouldn't put it past them to sneak in and mess with her as she changed, so she locked the stall door. Stripping out of her Vampire garb, and removing her fake fangs, Chelsey hung them over the stall door, placing her false teeth in the coatpocket of her costume, figuring she could just rinse the pocket fuzz off at the party.

Reaching to open the bag, Chelsey hesitsted, feeling thst strange excitement yet again. It was almost an odd form of dread, yet she didn't feel nervous or happy per say, just... Excited. Maybe her friends were just being nice, giving her a cool costume to try out? Or maybe they were pranking her, and had some stupid, goofy mask in here with a clown outfit or whatever. Or maybe they had done something entirely different...

What costume would Chelsey be trick-or-treating in?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)