More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2

What's next?

Check the settings on the digitizer.

"Hold on Jim, load up the Digitizer's settings menu on the command-line, let's make sure this gets done right."

Jim clicked in a few keys and a list of option appeared on the monitor.

A: UPLOAD NEW MEDIA

B: SET AVATAR MODE

C: SET POSSESSION MODE

D: SET RETRIEVAL MODE

E: SAVE/LOAD MEDIA INSTANCE

F: QUIT

If the Digitizer was set to Avatar Mode, the Digitizer's subject would be loaded into the media as an avatar of their real-world self, as if they had teleported onto the scene. Possession mode, on the other hand would upload the subject's mind into the body of a character or person in the scene. Retrieval Mode on the other hand, could take a character or object from the media, and beam it into reality. The Digitizer worked alongside an advanced artificial intelligence, that allows the environment and characters to react naturally to any action the digitized subject could think of taking. The SAVE/LOAD MEDIA INSTANCE option could then be used to save a copy of the digital media that has been altered by the presence of a digitized subject, so it can be returned to later.

David looked over the settings thoughtfully "Okay Jim, here's what we're going to do..."

What media is loaded onto the Digitizer, and which mode is chosen?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)