More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by heynow heynow

Where do you go?

Check out the warehouse district

[Note: I like to use italics for internal monologue for our protagonist]

You decide to head to the warehouse district. That's where all the seedy stuff goes down, right? Maybe I can come away with a big win and move up to a nicer sector fast! Sector 127 is way across town, so you stuff your cheapo flipflops in the back waistband of your shorts and take flight, using fire from just your feet and hands to propel yourself through the air. It's not as fast as going full Flame, but you're not in a rush and you'd like to keep your clothes on for now if you're going to be patrolling/going undercover.

Once in your assigned sector, you find a rooftop with a nice view overlooking the warehouse district and land. "Ow ow ow." You hop around as you quickly realize that the roofing material is quite sharp on your bare feet. Reaching behind, you retrieve your sandals and put them back on before walking to the corner of the building to see what you can see. And what a view...of empty streets and abandoned buildings. Your enthusiasm slowly fades into boredom as nothing happens for hours, except for a stray car or pedestrian here and there. At least in the cool air of the night, you are quite comfortable as you discovered you can use your powers at a very low level to keep yourself warm. You're starting to wish you had brought a cup or two of the double-caff roast from work to keep you awake.

But then you notice a man in a hooded black sweatshirt that you saw earlier in the night. He's walking the opposite direction from last time, likely returning from wherever he went before. Instead of continuing down the road and out of view, this time he stops on the street corner. A car pulls up and he exchanges something with the driver. The car drives off and shortly thereafter, another man in a sweatshirt walks up and greets the hooded figure. It's hard to tell from as far away as you are, but as a second exchange happens, you suspect this guy is a dealer. Sweet. Finally some action!

It's not the huge case that's going to propel your career skyward, but you have to start somewhere. The question is, do you go in guns blazing, figuratively speaking, or do you take a more subtle approach?

How do you proceed?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)