More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by adam17017 adam17017

Who would you like to play as? An established character, or someone new?

Characters

Geralt of Rivia

Like all witchers, Geralt is a monster hunter for hire. He possesses superhuman abilities and is a master swordsman. During the Trial of the Grasses, Geralt exhibited unusual tolerance for the mutagens that grant witchers their abilities. Accordingly, Geralt was subjected to further experimental mutagens which rendered his hair white and may have given him greater speed, strength, and stamina than his fellow witchers. Barren due to the Witcher trials, like all other Witchers. Adoptive father of Ciri. Claimed Ciri for reward as the law of surprise (first thing you see when you return home).

Yennefer of Vengerberg

a sorceress who lived in the capital city of Aedirn - Vengerberg. She was the youngest member of the Brotherhood of Sorcerers and later the Lodge of Sorceresses attempted to recruit her. She is the love of the witcher Geralt of Rivia and a mother figure to Ciri, a former royal advisor to king Demavend of Aedirn and a close friend of Triss Merigold. Adoptive mother of Ciri.

Triss Merigold

A friend of Yennefer and witcher Geralt of Rivia, she is in love with the latter. Triss took care of Ciri at Kaer Morhen for some time and is like an older sister to her.

Ciri- also known by the more cumbersome and formal Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon

She is a Princess of Cintra. Adoptive daughter of Geralt and Yennefer. She is being pursued by the Wild Hunt for her powerful magic which she inherited through her ancestors which allows her to transport between worlds. Trained at Kaer Morhen as a child in the ways of a Witcher, though did not undergo the mutations due to the witchers being dissuaded by Triss.

Wild Hunt

The Wild Hunt is a group of specters, led by the King of the Wild Hunt, which is considered to be an omen of misfortune and . It is said to appear mainly, but not exclusively during the winter. The Wild Hunt can appear in the sky as a harbinger of war and other misfortunes; some believe it to be simply a magical phenomenon and not a horde of specters; elven sources refer to it as the Red Riders.

Geralt, Yennefer, and Ciri have all come into close contact with the King and his specters, either directly or through dreams. Geralt was a member of the hunt for a time, after he gave the King his soul in exchange for Yennefer's. While he would escape eventually, he lost his memory in the process.

Vesemir

Vesemir of Kaer Morhen is the oldest and most experienced witcher at Kaer Morhen. He is a father figure to Geralt and the other witchers. He spends each winter in the fortress and sets off on the road when spring comes. He is an excellent fencer and has great knowledge of monsters.

Lambert

Lambert was one of the younger witchers from Kaer Morhen. Known for his biting tongue, he was often rude in conversation. He was particularly rude towards Triss Merigold, addressing her only by her last name, which irritated the sorceress greatly. He does not have much use for politics, a trait common to most witchers due to their code of neutrality. He helped train Ciri in the art of combat.

He is one of the last witchers to be trained within the walls of Kaer Morhen.

Eskel

Eskel is a calm and reasonable witcher and Geralt's friend from his youth. They were raised together at Kaer Morhen and even went through the trials together. Despite that, Eskel has made a name for himself as a lethal and efficient witcher. He has a large, disfiguring scar on his face. Eskel spends winters in Kaer Morhen's keep, like the rest of his brethren.

Dandelion

Julian Alfred Pankratz, viscount de Lettenhove, better known as Dandelion, or Dandilion,[1] is a poet, minstrel, bard and close friend to Geralt of Rivia. About Dandelion's parentage not much is known, except that he is of noble birth.

He received his early education in a temple school, where, according to Geralt, literacy was "beaten into him with a cane". He made his first serious attempts to write poetry and compose at the age of 19.

Letho

Letho of Gulet, also known as the Kingslayer, is a witcher from the School of the Viper.

Shani

Shani is a beautiful red-haired medic and a friend of Dandelion's and a past romantic interest of Geralt's.

Keira Metz

Keira Metz is a sorceress originally hailing from Carreras. She is a former advisor to King Foltest of Temeria, a role that has also been held by Triss Merigold. She is fond of luxury, despises the dirtiness of the outdoors, and is rather eccentric in nature. She makes aphrodisiacs, and is considered to be a nymphomaniac. Keira became one of the youngest members of the newly formed Lodge of Sorceresses.

Philippa Eilhart

Philippa Eilhart was King Vizimir's advisor, and remained in Redania's court even after his , for which she was likely responsible. She is one of the few sorceresses able to polymorph.

She led the Thanedd coup against the Brotherhood of Sorcerers, intending to neutralize suspected traitors allied with Nilfgaard. Later, she helped found the Lodge of Sorceresses and is considered its leader.

Sigismund Dijkstra (Sigi Reuven)

Sigismund Dijkstra was the head of Redanian Intelligence, or secret service. He is a physically imposing man; nearly seven feet tall and bald, with a rather noticeable stomach and is said to give the impression of a scrubbed pig.

Preferring bright colors and flamboyant dress, he doesn't dress the least bit like a spy. He is an exceptionally clever man and is said to be very influential in Redania. At one point he was even Philippa Eilhart's lover.

Vernon Roche

Vernon Roche is the commander of the Blue Stripes, special forces of the Temerian military. He is also a capable fighter.

John Natalis

Jan Natalis (also translated as "John Natalis" in the games) was a Temerian constable and later on the commander-in-charge of the Northerners

Zoltan

Zoltan Chivay is a dwarf, veteran of the Second Nilfgaard War, and a friend of Geralt.

Ves

Ves is a member of the elite Blue Stripes special forces group. She is the only woman in the unit under Vernon Roche's command.

Cerys an Craite

Cerys an Craite, aka "Sparrowhawk", is the daughter of Crach an Craite and Hjalmar's younger sister. The young woman is a courageous islander like her father and has inherited all his stubbornness. She is very self-confident and always ready to prove she can fulfill any task as good as a man can, which causes her and Hjalmar to have a constant, but good-natured, rivalry. However, unlike her brother, she appears more levelheaded, choosing to investigate and think things through first before jumping to conclusions. She is Queen of the island people of Skellige.

Anais La Valette

Anaïs La Valette is the daughter of Mary Louisa La Valette and sister of Boussy. Who her father was is not known for sure. Officially, it was the old baron La Valette, but many rumours persist that she and her brother are in fact king Foltest of Temeria's progeny. If this is true, then both she and her brother are in line for the Temerian throne in Vizima.

Thaler

Bernard Ducat, better known as Thaler, was a master spy and the former head of Temerian Intelligence.

Hjalmer

Hjalmar is the son of Crach an Craite and is Cerys' older brother, who he has a constant, but good-natured, rivalry with. He was in love with Ciri.

Emyr Var Emreis

His rule of Nilfgaard was highly aggressive, often pursuing expansionist policies similar to those of his predecessors. This led to the outbreak of two wars against the Northern Kingdoms, both of which he lost. Emhyr var Emreis was an intelligent and brilliant ruler. He chose his people well and crushed many plots against him. He was ruthless toward traitors and moved towards his goals with great determination.

He was publicly favorable to the Elder Race, in stark contrast to monarchs of the North.

Radovid V

When he was 9 years old he was formally engaged to Cirilla, Princess of Cintra, when she was 12. The engagement was formalized between King Vizimir II and Queen Calanthe, Ciri's grandmother, but the king broke the engagement off after half a year without any explanation.

Radovid bore a deep hatred of mages. His father was secretly assassinated during Radovid's infancy, most likely by the sorceress advisor Philippa Eilhart, who then assumed the regency in his name and dominated and demeaned him throughout his youth.

Foltest

King Foltest was the ruler of Temeria, prince of Sodden, sovereign of Pontaria and Mahakam as well as the senior protector of Brugge and Ellander. He was the son of King Medell and Queen Sancia of Sodden, making him a member of the Temerian Dynasty.

Sancia's royal connection with Sodden turned the principality into a vassal state and Ekkehard began paying tribute to Temeria after the of Gutram. The king's Royal Council included the sorceresses Triss Merigold and Keira Metz, as well as Fercart of Cidaris, Willemer the priest, Bronibor and Hereward of Ellander.

Anna Henrietta

Anna Henrietta is duchess of Toussaint, and beloved by all her people. She became monarch after her husband Raymund died, two years before Geralt and his friends arrived in Toussaint.

Her official, protocol title is "Her Enlightened Ladyship", unofficially "Her Grace" (as in gracious, though not necessarily graceful) and in more casual matters outside the court she is to be referred to as "Lady Duchess." However, the Chamberlain and Marshal of the Court Sebastian Le Goff strongly advised Geralt to address her as "Your Grace" at all times. She is known to a select few by the shorter name, Anarietta.

Syanna

Sylvia Anna or to a select few, Syanna, is the older sister of the Duchess of Toussaint, Anna Henrietta, and is thus a cousin to Emhyr (of an unknown degree). She was among the girls that also had the great misfortune of being born during a total eclipse and is considered to be affected by the so-called Curse of the Black Sun.

Vivienne

Vivienne de Tabris is a noblewoman in Toussaint and is a lady-in-waiting to Duchess Anna Henrietta in Beauclair. She serves as the patroness in the most recent grand tournament.

Author's note: If you would like to add to the story, message me, and we can get started!

This list will be updated once more characters are introduced. Most of this info comes from either the games, books, or from the Witcher Wiki.

End.

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)