More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by RicoLouis RicoLouis

What's next?

Chapter Two: Hunters Ford

I smiled as I approached the small town of Hunters Ford. It kind of reminded me a little of home as it sat nestled among the forest. It was built like a city square around a crossroads with roads leading east and west while the main road lead across a long bridge into the woods. I saw a mill by the river as the river turned a water wheel as men worked. There were several small shops scattered about with homes either above or behind the shops. All probably catered to hunters who came out this way to hunt in the kings wood.

Despite its small size there seemed be a bustle of activity in the town as people moved about the square. I knew the king was suppose to visit soon along with the royal family and entourage. I wouldn't mind seeing the princess again but I doubt I would get the chance since the king would bring with him a small portion of his court and noble born friends. A commoner like me probably wouldn't even get close to the town then so I had best enjoy it while I could. There was some kind honor to even be able to say I hunted in the same woods as the king. I decided to try my luck at the Tavern before heading out. There wasn't much daylight left and I wanted to make the best of what I could get out of them.

I entered the tavern to see it wasn't like any tavern I had seen in the city. The place looked more like a lodge then anything but I guess that made sense. I saw an dvergr man by the bar polishing up mugs, or as they were more commonly called dwarves. It was ironic really considering they were called dwarves when races such as goblins and gnomes had to look up to them but its all a matter of perspective I suppose. Despite being a little on the short side he was as broad as any human man I had ever meet and despite looking like he was getting along in years he still looked like he could put up a fight. He looked a little intimidating actually except for the fact that he was smiling.

“Evening friend. My names Roark. What you need?” Roark smiled and offered his hand..

“A room for the night if you have any.” I shrugged.

“That we do. What tickles your fancy?” He nodded.

“What's the cheapest you got?”

“Ah. A man on a budget. Well hate to be the bearer of bad news but the rooms aren't cheap. The least expensive I got is ten copper a night. Feathered bed, log wood walls keep the rooms nice and cool even on the hottest of days, and the brownies will even tidy up for you when you step out.”

“House Fairies?” I smiled.

“Whole family of them have called this place home well before my wives family bought the Inn. Probably lived here before there even was a tavern and just moved themselves in when someone built over top of there home. I can't even tell you how many there are truth be told. We give them food and they keep the place nice and neat. It's rare the guest even see them but still mind your step.”

“Will do. I thank any in advance who might be listening.”

“Sure they are.” Roark replied. I had heard of them before but never saw one. They typically made residence in peoples homes for protection from predators and in exchange took care of anyone who is kind to them.

“And my horse?” I grinned.

“I have a stable around back. five copper for a night and we will feed and water him.” He shrugged.

“Hell. Can I sleep in the stable?” I joked and he laughed at me.

“Ha. As long as you don't mind sleeping in the same stall as your horse. Guess it depends on how close the two of you are.”

“He snores so I will pass. Two nights for me and my horse.” I said grabbing my coin purse from the pouch on my hip.

“The room is yours. You want me to show you up?”

“Not right now. I just wanted to get the room before anyone else rented it.” I shrugged. “Though if you could hold on to this I would appreciate it.” I said handing him my knapsack.

“Will do.”

“Between us. Were do most people do there hunting?” I inquired.

“North and west of town.” Roark shrugged.

“Any bodies of water to the south?”

“Some but it's rough terrain. Not fit for a horse.”

“Fair enough. He can take the day off.” I shook my head. I was happy to do it the old fashioned way.

“Sure he will appreciate it. There are some lakes and tarns up that way and several streams. Diffidently plenty of game. Used to hunt that way when I was younger. Just don't get lost out that way. Hate to have come hunt you down. This old body ain't what it used to be.” He said as he handed me a rolled up piece of parchment. I unrolled it to see it was a map of the area. They really took costumer service seriously it seemed.

“I will try not to.” I said.

“See that you don't. The map doesn't show most of were you want to go but if you change your mind west is were the most of the game has been spotted to the north.” Roark pointed.

“Maybe I will fill some of it in for you.” I grinned. I kind of liked exploring on my own.

“Knock yourself out kid.” He said as he leaned over and slapped my shoulder. “Halvard. Come take this young mans horse around back.” He looked up at a young lad.

“Yes sir.” He looked up.

“This young man has a horse he needs put away.”

“Right away pa.” Halvard nodded. He was a big lad like his pa though maybe a little more round in the belly.

“Black one out front.” I added.

“Will do sir.” He nodded. Despite his large size he seemed to be good tempered like his father.

“Know where I can get a water skin?” I looked back at Roark. I would need it if I was going through the mountains.

“Aaron's shop across the way. He is the town bower, fletcher, butcher, and forester. Plus some rich folks hire him or his daughter to act as hunting guides. He has anything you could need.” Roark nodded.

“Busy man.”

“I. That he is.” Roark nodded. “You see any trouble out there come let him know.”

“Will do.” I headed out the front and around to the stables were Halvard was putting my horse away.

“Keep good care of him.” I said and handed Halvard some coin.

“Thank you sir. I will.” He nodded. I headed for the store next.

“Hello. How can I help you?” A chestnut brown haired young elven woman said from behind the counter as her emerald green eyes looked me over. Diffidently a half elf with the nice pair of tits she had under her tunic and nice round hips in a tight pair of pants. She was no lady given the way she dressed but all woman.

“I need a water skin if you have one.” I replied.

“Anything else?” She said as she grabbed one off a wall and set it one the counter. This place was a hunters wet dream. Everything looked beautifully crafted but then it would have to be if lords and wealthy merchants came here to hunt. “We have anything you might need for hunting.

“No that should do it.” I smiled.

“You make those arrows yourself?” She asked and pointed.

“Yes.” I replied.

“May I?” She held out her hand. I drew one and handed it over.

“Waterfowl. Keeps the fletching dry. Cleaver. Your diffidently not a city boy like most we get in here. Only thing I would add to your arrows is some red dye.” She said handing it back.

“Red?”

“Makes the arrows easier to find when you miss. It's what I use personally though I rarely miss.” She smiled and sat some on the counter. I noticed she didn't have any arrows for sell that came already dyed.

“Very well. Never knew an elf to be such a cunning shop keep.” I said grabbing my coin purse from my pouch.

“Half elf.” She grinned.

“Does the half elf have a name?”

“Diana. If you need a guide me or my dad can take you out. We know the woods better then anyone.” Diana smiled.

“For a small fee of course.” I teased.

“Of course. Us cunning shop keepers elves have to make a living.” She smiled as she leaned over the counter.

“No as lovely as the company would be I think I can manage but thanks for the offer.” I grinned.

“If you change your mind or ever need anything else you know where to find us.”

“Thanks.” I smiled and went on my way.

I crossed the bridge and headed into the woods. I didn't get far before I found out what she meant. The ground wasn't exactly ideal for humans neither being a steep slop but I managed none the less. Nothing else it was a peaceful stroll through the woods. I came across a small stream along the way that was on the map. Despite the fact that it was flowing pretty quickly it was narrow enough to cross. I smiled as I came out of the forest to see I had gone up a lot higher then I had thought as I looked out onto a small valley below that ran along a row of high forest covered hills to one side and low lying hills on the other side of the river. I was sure if I kept following the river it probably lead south toward the ocean.

It took me another half hour before I finally found the pond I had seen on the map. I wasn't disappointed in the least. I even found what I came looking for. Empty fairy cocoons. I had a little trouble finding them as they were very well hidden. I checked every bush or tree hollow I could find. I didn't find a single fairy though but I wasn't surprised really. Faeries were good at hiding. They could look like any thing around me.

I got half a bag out of the area then tied the bag shut and filled up on water in the skin and drank a little before I headed up following the stream that feed into the lake and headed west up the mountain. Water had to come from somewhere and if there was standing water there might be more faeries. The more silk I collected the more I could sell in the city.

It took me awhile but I found a large tarn at the top full of water. I had one hell of a view of the kingswood. Wooded hills went on forever it seemed while the north were everyone else hunted was flatter but seemed to go on for miles as well. Nothing but trees as far as the eye could see though I spotted some deer down below in a valley. If I did get lost they would need hunting dogs to find me out here. I went about finding more silk as I went. The brush was dense up here but I found a shit load scattered about. Enough to fill up the rest of that sack and one more. At fifty copper a bag that was a good days haul.

I heard a little noise and went to check it out as I entered some thick wooded area with several pine trees both big and small. I stopped when I saw a fairy stuck in a large spider web as tall as I was. She was stuck in it as she tried to get herself free. Her tiny ass shaking behind her as her front was stuck to the web.

I drew my bow and looked around. Something had to make that nest. Something big as hell. I could see what looked like dead birds and other animals that had been killed in the web. Suddenly I saw it. A spider as big as a house cat crawling down toward the fairy quickly. She let out a screeching sound and struggled to get free. I put an arrow through the fucker before he could kill her. The spider clinging to the net was well. Stuff was sticky as hell it seemed.

“Your okay.” I smiled and came forward. As I got close she struggled to get free thinking I might kill her next no doubt. I could here bush and leave stirring around me. Her friends had heard her screams. This one was different from the others I had found before in the plains. She was green from head to toe with the exception of her head that looked like red rose pedals. I saw what looked like antenna that were yellow resembled the pollen making part of the flower and what looked like carpel at the back. Perfect camouflage though it did her no good against the spider. She struggled as I got closer.

“I am not going to hurt you. Solacium.” I said and touched her between her legs as she began to struggle and began to rub her tiny pussy. She stopped struggling and began to make a little little noise as she rubbed her ass back against my finger. A simple spell used to ease pain by creating light pleasure. Only on a fairy light pleasure to me would be far more intense to her. “See, Friendly.” I smiled.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)