More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by nobodyspecial2324 nobodyspecial2324

What is Valerie's mission?

Chapter 2 - The Infiltration

Some time after her previous mission, agent Valerie had a new assignment. It was for this reason she was riding a dirt bike across rough terrain in a vast, mountainous forest.

"How close am I?", she said in her earpiece, as the dirt road ended in a clearing. In every other direction, there was forest.

"Target is 2 clicks South-West of your location.", replied Iris in her ear. "It's still bright out, I suggest you rest and then head for the equipment drop. We begin at midnight."

Rest sounded good, thought Valerie. She had been riding for a few hours on rough dirt, and her body was ready to collapse. She unsecured her backpack, containing spare clothes, food and equipment, from her bike and slung it onto her back. It felt heavy against her tired body. Next, she found a secure spot where she nestled her bike against a rocky outcropping, covering it with leaves and sticks to make sure nobody could accidentally stumble upon it. Not that it was likely - she was, for all intents and purposes, in the middle of nowhere.

Valerie was tired, sweaty and hungry. She sat against a tree, took out some rations from her backpack, and began to eat. "Let's go through the mission plan again.", she said to Iris.

"Your target is a small military outpost. Minimal guard, because it is only a communications relay. Your mission is to infiltrate it and intercept a critical message, which will pass through this relay between 00:30 and 00:45.", summarized Iris.

"The general's war plans.", said Valerie. That information would not only be a major tactical advantage, it could also save thousands of lives that would be senselessly lost to war.

"Exactly.", came the reply. "There is a package for you, one click East. It should contain the equipment you need to intercept and relay the message to our satellite."

"Sounds like a plan.", said Valerie, as she finished eating and headed East.

Does Valerie find anything on the way?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)