More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by shadowyartsdirty shadowyartsdirty

What's next?

Chapter 1

![]()

The clock in Mr. Jefferson's classroom was a symphony of anticipation, each tick a note rising to the crescendo that would herald freedom.

You sat on the edge of his seat, eyes darting between the second hand's relentless march and the digital display on your phone. 12:45 PM, still have fifteen minutes till freedom.

You notice even Mr Jefferson is bored, so bored in fact that he's doing some imprompt to demonstration of how fascinating it is that human body can move so flexibly despite the skeleton being made of bones that are so hard.

Your eyes dart around aimlessly

Time passes you by with you bored out of your mind looking at boring posters and a rather plain looking classroom. You do your best to keep your head up using your hand, as you feel the boredom practically forcing you to sleep.

You then divert your eyes to something you happen to find infinetely more interesting.

Your classmates well rounded butt.

You knew you had no shot at making her your girl friend but that didn't stop you from wanting to look anyways? You couldn't help it.

Fearing the possibility of being caught you once again check the digital display on your phone. 12:59 PM one minute to liberation.

"Come on," you muttered under your breath, your leg bouncing with an impatient rhythm.

"Chill, Jerry, it'll go off," whispered Mia from the desk beside you, her eyes amused beneath a curtain of strawberry-blonde hair.

Your about to respong to Mia then, as if the universe itself had responded to your silent plea, the bell resounded throughout the school, a clarion call to summer.

Students erupted from their seats, a cacophony of cheers and slapping lockers filling the air.

You practically leaped from your chair, report card clutched triumphantly in one hand, backpack slung over your shoulder.

"Freedom!" you exclaimed, joining the flood of students surging through the corridors.

"See you at Java Joe's!" called out Mia, struggling to keep pace with your long strides.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world!" you shot back with a grin, already tasting the sweet victory of his well-earned grades.

At Java Joe's, the familiar chime of the door greeted you as you pushed your way into the cozy coffee shop, the aroma of roasted beans wrapping around you like a warm blanket. Your friends were huddled around their usual corner table, their faces a mix of trepidation and smiles.

"Here comes the valedictorian," teased Alex, nudging Ben who sat beside him.

"Shut up, man," you chuckle, sliding into the booth. "Let's do this."

You and your friend group had a ritual at Java Joe's that was sacred – a simultaneous reveal of academic fate. You all counted down together, flipped report cards, and the mood shifted palpably. Ben's face crumpled, Alex let out a heavy sigh, and Mia's lips pressed into a thin line. "Summer school", exclaimed Ben in a low but moody tone.

"Aw, crap," groaned Ben. "My mom's gonna kill me."

"Man, I thought I aced that math final," Alex shook his head in disbelief.

"Look at you, though, Mister Straight-A's well ignoring the one C on Math Class," Mia pointed at Jerry's card with a bittersweet smile.

"Feels kinda hollow without you guys," you admit, your elation deflating like a punctured balloon.

"Welcome to the worst summer ever," Ben lamented, resting his forehead in his hands.

"Speak for yourself," your voice held a rueful laugh. "I'm broke, got no computer, and apparently no friends either."

"Wait, your gaming rig died?" Mia's eyebrows shot up. "That sucks, dude."

"Yeah," you sighed, recalling the fatal error message that spelled doom for his hard drive. "Surfice to say to say the crypto gamble did not pay off."

"Maybe it's a sign," Mia suggested. "You know, to try something new this summer."

"Like what? Bird watching?" you quipped, but the humor didn't quite reach your eyes.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)