More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by PhoenixAuthor PhoenixAuthor

What awaits Nicholas in Novigrad?

Chapter 1: The Free City of Novigrad

I was in awe as we rode into Novigrad. People bustled about everywhere, and there were so many buildings! So much noise! I immediately loved it.

“You the boys from Velen?” a grizzled voice asked. I turned, as did Nathaniel and Martin. We slid down from the saddles of our horses, and clustered together without really thinking.

A man was walking towards us. He had a burly frame, and a thick white beard, but was bald atop his head.

“I’m Captain Thierry. I’m who you report to.” the man nodded us three witch hunters.

“What do you need us to do, sir?” Martin asked.

“I want you over in Hierarch Square.” Thierry addressed Martin. He nodded and walked off.

“Hey! Wrong way, you daft fucker!” Thierry shouted after him. He turned back to me and Nathaniel. He sized me up.

“You head on down to the Bits. See if you can’t sniff out any sneaky whore sorceresses.” he said. I nodded.

“Where’re the Bits, sir?” I asked. Thierry chuckled.

“Least you had common sense enough to ask. They’re down that way.” he pointed, and I set off quickly.

———

“Hmph.” I grumbled. I tossed a pebble at a brick wall and watched as it skittered across the bricks on the ground.

“Bored?” a voice purred. I looked up to see a strumpet, and grinned at her.

“I’m alright, thanks.” I said. The whore shrugged.

“Your loss, pretty boy.” she said, and sashayed off, catching the eye of a passing man. I heard a clatter and looked left. A woman in a hood was hurrying away from me, and I realized she must be a sorceress! Fingering the dimeritum cuffs on my belt, I ran after her.

“Hey, stop!” I shouted. The woman turned in surprise. I skidded to a stop. It was just a peasant. Far too ugly to be a sorceress.

“The fuck you doing acting all suspicious?” I grunted. The woman turned and hurried away. I stomped back to my post, unhappy with my false lead.

“Look. It’s a Witcher!” I heard a voice said. My head snapped to the left to see a witcher was indeed coming towards me.

“May I help you, sir?” I asked the witcher. He had two swords over his back, and a mane of white hair and a white beard, yet didn’t look very old. He wore the close-fitting armor of witchers.

“I’m looking for a sorceress. But it seems your kind ran them out.” the Witcher said dryly.

“Yes, sir we did. Them inhuman bitches deserve what they get.” I affirmed. The Witcher chuckled.

“Sure. I’m looking to get past you. You let me, or do I have to go through you?” he growled. I stepped aside, and the Witcher took off at a brisk pace.

“Suit yourself, but I didn’t see a damn thing worth a Witcher’s involvement.” I shrugged. The Witcher looked back at me.

“Just because you didn’t see it doesn’t mean it’s not there.” he said, then walked away without looking back.

“Confident fucker, eh?” I grunted. It then occurred to me that if the Witcher was looking for sorceresses, odds are he’d find one. He did have those devil senses after all, if legends were true. The prick Witcher might lead him straight to a good find! Bet Captain Thierry would shit himself I bring back a sorceress on my first day. The only problem will be the Witcher, but I’m sneaky and able. Shouldn’t be a problem.

In a risky gamble, Nicholas trails the Witcher through the city, hoping that he might find a sorceress whom he can capture and bring back to his captain.

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)