More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by FallenSaint FallenSaint

Who does Cosmos choose? Who does Chaos choose?

Cecil, Tifa, Quistis, Fran, and Ace for Cosmos. Chaos chooses Kefka, Genesis, and Yunalesca.

Cecil sat upon his throne, smiling as he heard a report about his son. Ceodore was becoming such a good knight. He would one day take over as the captain of the Red Wings! Cecil was so lost in his thoughts of the future that he almost didn't notice the magic coiling around him. He heard his wife cry moments after he noticed it, but it was too late.


Tifa stood behind the bar, cleaning a glass and preparing to open the bar for the evening. Marlene and Denzil were still out getting groceries, so she was alone. Cloud wouldn't be back for another few days either. Since that last battle, things had gotten better between them. They were more like a family now. But at times like this, she still felt so alone. Then her head snapped up, away from the glass she was focused on. Something was off. She couldn't see it, but something was-


Quistis watched Squall and Rinoa out on the balcony. This party was in celebration for their victory and everyone was enjoying themselves, but the love birds were off on their own. Of course, Selphie and Zel were taping it all. Squall wouldn't be happy about that later. He was so self conscious about these things. Well, at least they were happy for now. Rinoa was a lucky girl. Very lucky. Dammit! Even after everything, Squall had never noticed how she felt. Quistis turned away from her comrades as they laughed about Squall and Rinoa and made her way into the crowd. There were other balconies and maybe she could find one to be alone for a while. She was in luck, finding a dark balcony wasn't hard at all since most of the students were happy to be inside, dancing the night away. She leaned on the balcony and gave a frustrated sigh. She didn't even notice the power swirling around her until she was completely engulfed.


Fran was on her way back to the ship. Soon, Balthier would be ready to fly again, and they would be off on another adventure. Even in this time of peace, there was always something for them to steal. She slung her bow over her back and began heading towards the port. The city was busy though, so she cut through a side street. She knew something was wrong though. The alley was nearly empty and she could feel power forcing others away from the area. This was a trap laid for her. She tried to move quickly, but the power she couldn't see was closing in on her. Then she felt it latch on to her, pulling her someplace she couldn't imagine.


Ace looked across the battle field. These fights were getting tougher. Class Zero was being called in more and more to deal with the escalating situations and he was often on the front line. He felt a tingle of power and turned to meet it, creating a barrier of magic, three of his cards floating in front of him to power it. This power was unseen to the others, but he could see it. His classmates called out in alarm after his sudden movement. Queen shouted his name and he saw Machina running his way. But it was too late. The light blue tendril of power smashed through his barrier and began coiling around him. He didn't feel hostility from the power and he wondered for a moment if it was from an allied L'Cie. But that couldn't be right. This was something different. Something....


The Chosen found themselves in a land of white crystals, humming with the power of Harmony. Sitting on a throne and looking tired and afraid was a beautiful blonde woman. She looked at them and smiled, but the sadness in her eyes wasn't hidden by it.

"You five. You are the ones that must save all the worlds."

Cecil looked at the others gathered here and stepped forward.

"I'm afraid I don't understand. Who are you? Where are we?"

"I am Cosmos, Goddess of Harmony. I have kept balance with Chaos for centuries, but now that balance is threatened. Your worlds are all in danger. And I can't stop it."

"Why can't you? Aren't you a Goddess," Asked Quistis, feeling skeptical.

"I am, but my power has limits. Chaos has torn apart the worlds and shattered your time lines. I must hold them together or they will crumble and everyone you know and love will turn to dust."

"How could this happen! And how can we stop it," Tifa asked.

"You will journey to the world created by Chaos. He is using these stolen parts of each world to make his own. There, you will seek him out and defeat him. It is taking everything he has to hold the world together, so your power will be enough to stop him."

"Mission accepted," said Ace, taking this in stride, with Fran nodding in consent. Cosmos looked to Cecil.

"You are the one I choose to lead. You are a king, and you have faced the darkness in ways the others have not. They are all skilled, so trust them. Now, I will send you to Midgar. Gather allies and stop Chaos. Once his hold is broken, I can restore the worlds."


"Come forth!"

From the darkness emerged his three. Kefka, the mad clown. Yunalesca, the beautiful giver of false hope. Genesis, the one who threw the world into chaos when his world began to crumble. These three would more than suffice for his needs. Genesis though... He was a bit of a wild card. But Chaos spoke to them. They made their deals and he let them think they were in control of their fates. They were his pawns and nothing more, but he allowed them to believe. So he sent them forth, each with their own plans and ambitions. The game had begun.

What does the Chosen find in Midgar? Can Cecil lead them properly?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)