More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by AltUAuthor AltUAuthor

What's next?

Catwoman/Black Cat/Tomb Raider -- The Cat's Meow

*Damn, this place is impressive,* Felicia Hardy thought to herself as she looked around at the main hall of Croft Manor. It was adorned with all kinds of artifacts and relics from all kinds of ancient civilizations from around the world. *Too bad I promised not to steal anything. I feel like I've stumbled onto El fucking Dorado*.

Having stolen more than her fair share of antiquities over the years, the Black Cat had learned a lot about archaeology in her research, developing a keen interest in the subject over her career as a thief; so when Lara Croft -- one of the world's leading archaeologists -- contacted her to help steal an artifact from the London Museum of Archaeology, she couldn't help but feel a little starstruck. Meeting the legendary Tomb Raider and a chance to do some heisting in London? It was a no-brainer for the thief.

A cat statuette grabbed Felicia's attention, and she walked over to it, studying it closely. It looked incredibly similar to a statue she'd once swiped from the New York Museum of Anthropology.

"Impressive, isn't it?" Lara called out from behind Felicia. "That one's a favorite of mine."

Felicia turned and nodded in approval. "Egyptian, right? I once stole a statue just like this one from the archaeology museum in Athens. It was worth a fortune. Too bad I never had the chance to sell it..."

Lara smirked, amused. "I read about that statue going missing. So that was you, huh?"

"Oh, yeah," Felicia grinned smugly, extending her hand to greet Lara. "Felicia Hardy, also known as Black Cat, master thief. It's an honor to meet you -- I'm a huge fan."

"Pleasure to meet you, Miss Hardy. Whatever happened to that statue you stole?" Lara asked, amiably shaking Felicia's hand. *Wow*, she thought. She knew that the Black Cat was one of the world's best thieves, but she hadn't expected her to be so... sexy.

Meanwhile, Felicia had harbored a crush on the beautiful archaeologist since she had first started following her work; still, as good as she looked in photos and on TV screens, they didn't do justice to how stunning the brunette looked in person. "A Lizard-Man smashed it beyond repair in a fight. On the bright side, though, me and my friends were able to save New York from being overrun by a bunch of mutated alligator people."

"Uh-huh. It sounds like you've got a fascinating career," Lara observed.

"I've read pretty much all your books, Miss Croft. I think we've got a lot in common -- you steal things from heavily guarded tombs and temples, I steal 'em from heavily guarded labs and museums."

"You might be right," Lara admitted. "Maybe when you finish this job, we could compare notes?"

"I'd like that," Felicia agreed. "Now, tell me about this job you want done."

Lara smiled and said, "Of course. But first, there's someone else I'd like to introduce you to. Another thief, actually. I've been told she's one of the best, like you."

"Really? Who's that?"

"She'll get here soon. Her name is Selina. I've been told you two are the best at what you do, and I need the best for this job."

Felicia laughed, her eyes sparkling. "Selina Kyle? I've worked with her before. I like her."

"Oh?" Lara said, raising an eyebrow. "How well do you know each other?"

"Not very. But the handful of times we have crossed paths, we got along really well. This is going to be fun," Felicia grinned with excitement.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)