More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by tavvie tavvie

But who are you?

Casey Witlock

Casey begrudgingly climbed out of his dad's car, glancing around and taking in everything around him. Other, equally nervous looking students shifted uneasily as devoted parents chatted mindlessly about 'their days' at Howl or at similar universities. A number of campus officials drifted around, giving directions, handing out welcome packages and other orientation related material. They all had that 'all to happy to help' sort of attitude that Casey found equal parts embarrassing and tiresome.

He caught a glance of himself in the car window and tried to shift the fish-out-of-water look he was sporting. He wasn't the tallest of guys but hardly short either, standing at around 5'9 and slim. He had messy, dirty blonde hair which fell past his ears and curious grey eyes. Casey was handsome in a slightly androgenous way, with sharp cheekbones and a firm jaw, devoid of any stubble or facial hair. His pale complexion was marked by a handful of freckles across his face which made him look younger than he was. Round, wirerimmed glasses sat atop his nose and he often found himself toying with the bridge of them when bored. He wore a simple crewneck jumper and a pair of expensive, but beat Jordans.

"You lost?" A voice brought Casey back to reality and he quickly looked away from his reflection embarrassed. The voice belonged to a friendly looking young man with a name tag on his school branded hoodie. The nametag read 'Joseph'.

"I think we're good. Thanks." Casey offered, a small and weak feeling smile. His dad looked up and beamed at the stranger. "Couldn't point us to the main reception could you? Student dorms?" Casey shifted, rolling his eyes as his dad simply rolled over his response. Joseph seemed not to notice and kept smiling at them both. "Yeah, easy. The administration building is just across the way, there. " He gestured towards a low, squat building directly across from them. "Student dorms are East, just there." Joseph pointed away towards the shape of several distant buildings and some trees. "Though, if you're trying out for a fraternity I wouldn't get too comfy. They'll move you pretty quick." He flashed his all, perfect, white teeth at Casey. "Highly recommend it. You'll have the time of your life!" Casey simply raised his eyebrows a little, moving to retrieve his luggage and try and end the interaction. Joseph reached out and offered several slips of paper. "Here. All you'll need to know. A few helpful guides, a map and some options if you choose to pledge." Casey's dad took them before thrusting them upon his son. "Wonderful! You two have a great day, welcome to Howl!" Joseph said, as if reading from a teleprompter. Casey grimaced as he walked away before dropping the pained, polite smile. "Nice boy. Should see about making friends like him. Those sorts may act like little pets but in my day a few them always knew where the good parties were. The places you really learn." Casey's dad spoke, nodding sagely as he helped his son get the bags out. Casey didn't bite, having learned to tune out anything involving 'in my day'.

Once unloaded, the two set off towards the admin building, Casey patiently listening to his father ramble on about the craziness of his own college experience. Again.

Where to next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)