More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by conkers024 conkers024

Choose your character

Captain Nathan Barton (Spec Ops)

Nathan was a member of the UENF Special Operations Unit, he always laughed at the thought of being labeled special. Not once in his twenty eight years of life did he feel special. Growing up on the impoverished streets of the colony with the highest rate in the star system, Nathan learned to survive from an early age. He was drafted into the armed forces at sixteen when the rebellion began and was a decorated combat veteran before he could legally walk into a bar. It was his reckless disregard for his own life that got him assigned to the Special Operations Unit.

He was never comfortable around his fellow trainees in the SOU. They were all wealthy, educated, narcissistic brats who had spent more time in a sorority girl's bed than they had in combat. Most of them washed out of the program in days. Nathan didn't wash out, in fact he excelled, earning top marks in all his tests, being particularly impressive in close quarters combat. The one area he was marked as struggling with was working with others.

After joining the SOU Nathan was labeled the Lone Wolf by those around him. He wasn't assigned to any specific unit, rather he would bounce between units for missions in which his skills were required. Which is how he ended up aboard the Ithaca. Nathan was simply hitching a ride aboard the frigate to his next mission when the ship came under attack.

Nathan technically wasn't under anyone's command as his branch reported directly to Military Command so he wasn't really ordered to do much around the base they had established on their new found planet. However with weeks going by with not much more to do than read the same book over and over again, Nathan volunteered for a mission. Commander Romo, a veteran Nathan held great respect for, offered him three options.

RECON - Provide security for a scouting party exploring the western forests.

HUMANITARIAN - Assist a caravan delivering medical supplies to a human refugee camp to the North.

COMBAT - Eliminate a dragon that has taken up residency near a local village.

Select a mission

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)