More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Cantalope Cantalope

Does she call out to the person? Does she try to escape?

Call out.

"He- (cough), Hey!" She calls out to the figure. She immediately regrets her decision as he turns around.

The man looks wild: his hair is a scraggly mess, he is covered in dirt and...is that warpaint? He gazes up at her with a feral grin, revealing surprisingly white teeth, "So she's awake then? Yes, looking forward to having fun with pretty girl." Horror momentarily made Lara forget her pounding head, "Wait, no! I can help you! I can-Eeee!" She let out an embarrassingly girlish scream as she was dropped to a couple feet off the ground.

"Yes, she will help us lots, but first..." He gingerly grabbed a pot from the fire, holding it at arms length over his head. It was casting thick, white vapor into the air of the cave. He set it down under Lara, "...breath."

The thick miasma engulfed Lara, who tried in vain to hold her breath. After about a minute she only ended up gasping for air and inhaling a lungful of the stuff. The smell reminded her of college and the one time Sam had talked her into smoking marijuana. Just like then, she sputtered and coughed on the thick smoke.

"Good girl, good girl. Tell us what her name is."

"(cough) Lara Croft! I'm a (cough) graduate student (cough)(cough) here on an expedition to find the kingdom of Yamatai. But we were shipwrecked, if you let me down I can (cough) radio for help and get you and I off this island!" Lara had no idea what this crazy savage was planning 'who hangs someone upside down from the ceiling?!' but she knew she had to get away, especially before he decided to "have fun" with her. She really should have gone for that knife.

What does the smoke do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)