More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Closer11 Closer11

What's next?

Call it a night

You finish the report a little over 2 hours later. The young women didn't have much in common, except their age and their natural beauty. Sadly, both Victoria and Cassandra matched perfectly with both of those categories. Not much was known about the method of abduction, but Eva had gathered some very strong evidence to implicate the Pachinko family. Not enough to go to court, but enough to convince you.

"Sir, I suggest you get some rest." Eva's voice softly tells you from your earpiece. "I will stay vigilant for any incoming signals." she assures you. And indeed, you were feeling quite tired despite the stress of the missing girls. And so you decide to get up and head to bed. After getting ready, you sit down on the edge of your king size bed. It had been a while since you had spent the night by yourself.

You eventually get up and move under the heavy sheets. The sheets keep you warm, but you still find yourself feeling cold without the warmth of their bodies. Both Victoria, and Cassandra. The quiet tears into your mind as it starts wandering to dark places. Things that have happened in the past; things that could be happening right now; and things that might happen if you don't find them quickly.

"Sir, your heartrate is spiking. Are you in a hostile situation?"

Eva's voice cuts through the silence, bringing you back to reality from an especially nasty visual. You open your eyes, staring at the ceiling. "I'm okay. I'm not in a hostile situation." you tell her. Eva apologises for the inconvenience, after which the silence returns. But you don't want to go back. You don't want to feel alone right now.

"Eva. In how many simulated situations is the outcome ?" you ask her. It's out of your mouth before you realise. But Eva doesn't care about difficult questions. That's what she was designed for. And so she responds. "I have simulated 427 situations where the outcome is for one or more people involved. 13 of these cases involve the of one or more trusted individuals." she informs you.

There were only 3 trusted individuals in Eva's system. Victoria, Cassandra, and you. But the data was enough to put your mind at ease. You thank Eva for her service and close your eyes before finally falling asleep.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)