More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by tantrikenetic tantrikenetic

What book should you start with?

CHARACTERS/SYNOPSIS (FOR WRITERS ONLY)

John: You, the main character. An assistant librarian and newfound Interloper - someone who can change the outcome of fairy tales. You're somewhat of a slacker who just enjoys kicking back and letting the world pass you by. At least until you find yourself promising Doe you will help her restore the "Happily Ever After" to several mutilated fairy tales.

Doe: Your sidekick. She works at the library as a Guardian - one of the rare few who can enter and bring others into the fairy tale realm. It's her job to keep these worlds safe, which is why she's do distraught that the endings have been taken out of the portal books. You need her help because without her, you can neither enter nor leave the fairy tale realms. It's easy for her to jump into the worlds, but she can only exit the realm if it has a proper Happily Ever After. She has promised herself to you for your help, albeit reluctantly. However, her feelings for you grow as she sees you perform more and more heroic deeds.

Rafe: The villain of the story. Another Interloper who has torn out the ending of many of the portal books so that the fairy tale realm is thrust into chaos. His current whereabouts are unknown, but it's best not to run into him if possible; he's smart, strong and devious. The probability of you standing a chance against him is pretty slim, even for a fairy tale.

Maggot: Rafe's right hand man. This sniviling, deformed lump of a man is Rafe's Guardian, allowing Rafe to get in and out of the books. He is a more powerful Guardian than Doe and can exit the fairy tale realm even without a Happily Ever After. Maggot is every bit as devious and cunning as his master and is just a generally unpleasant fellow in both personality and looks. And odor.

The Deserters: Rafe's army made of random disgruntled soldiers from various fairy tales. They joined up because they were promised a new fairy tale would be written with the endings from the other stories that would grant them all a Happily Ever Ater. Each one is an Interloper and Rafe has sent one into every fairy tale to keep other Interlopers (i.e. you) from stopping his plan. They cause general havoc in each story and there is a good chance you will encounter the Deserter of each realm before you achieve a Happily Ever After.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)