More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by Lalelilo69 Lalelilo69

What do they say?

Budding Elementalist

On his way to English Literature, John could barely contain his joy as he read the achievements and skill gains from his meditation.

Achievement Unlocked! Higher Order Thinking: You spent a full two hours meditating. Gandhi would be proud!

+ 2 Wisdom

+ 2 Intelligence

+ 75 Exp.

Achievement Unlocked! Who needs math? - You completely disregarded a mathematics class.

+ 15 Exp.

New Skill: Flames level 1

Flames: Your mana becomes a fire burning in your veins, waiting to be unleashed on your foes.

1 fire damage per second

-1 Mana per second

New Skill: Fire summon level 1

Fire summon level 1: Your mana becomes irresistibly enticing to a creature of fire, persuading it to do your bidding.

1 creature of fire to command until spell is ended

-5 Mana initial

-2 Mana per second

Meditation Level 2: hpx5 mpx5

John couldn’t concentrate much on English Literature when he suddenly had all this power. The possibilities were endless. If this is what I got from meditating two hours, what would I get from meditating all night? Assuming my Gamer’s Body eliminated my need for sleep…

John continued his mental scheming, completely unaware of his surroundings.

Then he smashes into solid air

Wait what?

His usual route to English Literature was halted. He had hit some sort of wall, but the hallway kept going uninterrupted. He had fallen on his butt after colliding with what could only be described as solid air. He looked up and realized that the lights were tinged a sickly green. Panicked, he scrambled onto his feet and into the closest classroom hoping that he wasn’t in some sort of danger.

John was greeted by what sounded like nails on a chalkboard. Wincing, he focused on the front of the class and realized he was alone with a shadowy figure. It had definite feminine curves, an almost perfect hourglass figure. If he wasn’t scared he probably would be sporting a raging hard-on. Be that as it were, he was scared shitless, and not only by the screeching shadow up front. The classroom was also a greenish hue, and the dimensions all seemed a bit off. A bird was flying outside the window in slow motion. He looked down at his shaking hand and it was faintly glowing orange. As he was taking stock of his new situation, The Shadow stepped forward into the greenish light. She was revealed to in fact be a she, and green herself. Her verdant locks of hair were made of what John assumed were vines twisted into dreadlocks. Her skin was a deep forest green. Her C cup breasts were restrained by what looked like mossy cloth wrapped around her chest, and a similarly mossy extremely short skirt wrapped her waist in a failed attempt at covering her ass. She continued towards him with a murderous smile as he took her in.

Then something inside him snapped.

Or logically, activated. His fear dissipated and was replaced by a cold, calculating calm. Is this Gamer’s Spirit? He cast observe and received the following information:

Level 5 Dryad (Rot)

A Nature Spirit whose moral compass has rotted away. She now lives not off of the pure energy of the land, but off of the mana of her prey.

His eyes narrowed as he lowered into a defensive crouching position. His instincts told him to flee, that monsters weren’t real, that he couldn’t possibly fight this thing. His instincts were no longer in control. His Gamer’s Spirit guided him now. He raised his right arm and levelled it at the Dryad. Her smile faltered as the orange aura that emanated from John concentrated in his palm and a gout of flames erupted towards her. Her pupils dilated in fear and pain as she was struck by John’s flames. Words popped up around her, notifying him of damage dealt.

Crit! 5 dmg

Crit! 5 dmg

Crit! 5 dmg

Crit! 5 dmg

Crit! 5 dmg

Crit! 5 dmg

She wailed in agony and a smirk crept onto John’s face as he tasted victory. Then the Dryad’s eyes narrowed in rage as she attempted to retaliate. Her arms became thorny vines and they lashed out at John with alarming speed. He ducked the first combo and sidestepped the next, climbing onto a desk to keep a steady aim at the Dryad and not waste a precious second of mana.

Crit! 5 dmg

Crit! 5 dmg

Crit! 5 dmg

Crit! 5 dmg

Crit! 5 dmg

Crit! 5 dmg

Outraged, she shrieked again and redoubled her efforts. John’s body began to move on its own, jumping from desk to desk as he bobbed and wove through the Dryad’s attacks. At one point, he impressed himself as he did a one handed cartwheel from the top of a desk to another while dodging a vine whip and still keeping flame contact.

Crit! 5 dmg

Crit! 5 dmg

Crit! 5 dmg

Crit! 5 dmg

Crit! 5 dmg

Crit! 5 dmg

His luck didn’t last long, though, and he was struck by an exceedingly quick whiplash. He flew backwards and hit the wall, damage pop-ups appearing above his head as well.

- 10 hp

- 15 hp

His flames were cut short by the surprise of being hit and losing so much hp. He scrambled to his feet and attempted to pose a moving target as the Dryad cackled and continued her attacks with renewed vigor.

I can’t take two more of those or I’ll be in deep shit.

He dove behind the teacher’s desk, having run around to the front of the class without being hit again. From there, he steeled himself for a mad dash that would hopefully end the Dryad and this deadly encounter. With a triumphant shriek, the Dryad smashed the teacher’s desk into pieces and John jumped into action. Casting flames on last time, he ran straight at the Dryad. This action earned John a terrified face and a surprised yelp from the Dryad as she desperately tried to drive him off with a thorny whip.

- 10 hp

He took the hit and kept running at her, hand blazing, as she screamed in agony and finally turned to ash.

Crit! 5 dmg

Crit! 5 dmg

Crit! 5 dmg

+250 Exp

The Dryad was reduced to ashes, her screams no more. John calmly walked over to her charred remains and was surprised to see something shining among the ashes. No way, item drops? Sweet!

It was then that a flurry of dings attacked.

Whoa more achievements?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)