More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by akaimikazuki akaimikazuki

What kind of parasite is it?

Brain Maggots

"Maggots?" she frowned, seeing little worm-like creatures in the illustration.

"Not just any maggots! I call it Brain Maggots! It can multiply inside the host's body without them noticing until they finally reach their brain!"

"That sounds disgusting," the witch visibly gagged, "wouldn't that just kill the host?"

"No no, it will just eat and replace some parts of the brain, no big deal. Besides, they are very very small and hard to detect if you don't know what you're looking for"

The other witch blinked. No big deal, she said. How could she say that about brain-eating parasites? Also, if her explanation was true, then it would be difficult to identify the hosts. Only through detailed inspections or observing the hosts after the symptoms appeared that they might be identifiable.

"Well, it's disgusting and immoral. I think this is your worst invention yet"

"Oh, but you haven't heard of its special properties! Not only can these maggots propagate inside the Primary Host, but the can also multiply inside Secondary host and infect new hosts, enabling them to spread exponentially!"

The witch put down the research notes, completely flabbergasted by what her friend just said. That's an honest to god parasitic outbreak material! What kind of horror has her friend unleashed upon this land?!

"Have you..." she swallowed her saliva, "have you completed these creatures?"

"Yep!" the mad witch grinned happily.

"...Are you the Primary Host?"

"What? Of course not, that would be disastrous," she replied, "we can't have copies of me running around, the world would be destroyed in no time! I know I'm crazy, but I'm not THAT crazy!"

The sane witch sighed in relief, "whew... So you are not actually crazy enough to test those things, huh? That's good to know"

"Oh no, I already put a batch of them inside a test subject," she replied nonchalantly.

"WHAT?! WHO?!"

"Calm down, geez. You can see them on the last page. You really should have read it until the end"

Ignoring the mad witch's words, the friend opened the last page of the research notes to find out who had become this terrible slime's Primary Host. She hoped she could somehow make sure that this would not go out of control.

Who would be the Primary Host for the Brain Maggots?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)