More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by AltUAuthor AltUAuthor

What's next?

Black Canary/The Mary Janes -- Multiversal Tour!

Earth M-697250

"Seriously? You're letting Felicia rejoin the band?" Glory Grant asked incredulously.

Mary Jane Watson nodded. "Why not? She can sing, she can play guitar... she's really, really fucking good."

"Uhh, did you somehow forget that we tried to kill each other last time she was in the band? More than once?" Glory said skeptically.

"I remember," MJ countered with a shrug. "But how many fights have we gotten into? If I can get over it, so can you two."

"You two are sleeping together again, aren't you? I really can't think of any other reason you'd bring her back..." Glory added dubiously.

"So what if I am?" MJ sniped back. "She's a great musician -- even you can't deny that. That's why I want her in the band."

"You think this is a bad idea, don't you, Betts?" Glory asked.

Betty Brant rolled her eyes and huffed out an exasperated breath. "I just wanna write music. Don't involve me in your melodrama..."

"Fine," Glory sighed. "If we kill each other, though, the blood's on your hands, MJ."

"I'll tell her to be nice," MJ said. "Gwen, you've been awfully quiet today... What do you think?"

"Huh? Oh, sorry..." Gwen Stacy stammered. "Just thinking about... uh, stuff."

"What kind of stuff?" Mary Jane prodded. "Seriously, are you OK?"

Gwen shook her head and looked at the floor. Between hopping between different realities, a pretty heavy graduate university course load, and crimefighting in her own world, the last thing Gwen needed was band drama. She'd been entangled with Felicia before -- both as Felicia Hardy and the Black Cat -- and had no idea what to expect with her apparent return to her band... and her life as a whole. But right now, she had bigger things on her mind.

The previous night, Madame Web had appeared in Gwen's room, and the oracle informed her of a vision she'd had -- one of an incursion. Her universe was on a collision course with an unfamiliar one, and now Gwen was tasked with ensuring her universe avoided destruction. But Gwen couldn't help but think of this other universe -- could she save it as well? She had to try.

"Look, can we just focus on practice for now? I could use the distraction," Gwen said.

"Good idea," MJ agreed. "I've been working on some new material lately..."

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)