More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Eismann Eismann

What's next?

Bhuzru, last Survivor of his ancient Race

"The Lictor ruled this world long before elves, humans or dwarves build their first mud hut. They are tall and muscular humanoid creatures with four arms and their scales clearly show their distant relation to the lizardfolk. They are however much more intelligent than the lizardfolk, in fact, they created a relic thousands of years ago to enslave the lizardfolk as foot soldiers. When the other races started knocking at the foundation of their rule, the Lictor were not too happy about that.

Wars were waged and always won by the Lictor, until one day a group of people managed to steal the relic from their most sacred site. The war turned, the Lictor were slaughtered, and the relic broken and scattered. There have been no sightings of Lictor in centuries but that does not necessarily mean that there are none left. Their natural lifespan is unknown, so there could be a century old Lictor running around somewhere out there.

I advise absolute caution, should you ever encounter one. They are strong, smart, quick and their natural bodies are blessed with both armour and weapons in the form of hard, sharp scales. There are also old accountings claiming their long tongues can excrete a paralysing poison among a list of other biological marvels, but the accuracy of such claims can’t be verified today.”

-Excerpt from Lady Revana’s “Catalogue of Monsters”.

_______________________________________________

The swamp was quiet, almost serene but not exactly peaceful. Places like swamps always carried a vague threat of , dangerous places inhabited dangerous creatures. There was a ripple on the surface of a shallow pond. The ripple got more intense and slowly a white shape rose from the bottom. A face with sharp features and albino scales broke the surface and a pair of green eyes took account of the surrounding area. After a few more seconds, the creature suddenly shot out of the pond, tearing itself free from the mud and roots and landing on the ground next to it.

It was about 6’6 tall and most of its body was as white as its face. The only exception were the harder, more pronounced scales on its back, tail, sides and four arms. For the first time in years, it drew breath. It enjoyed the humid air of the swamp that always carried the vague scent of rot.

A Lictor had awoken. Bhuzru had awoken.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)