More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by MistWolf MistWolf

Who's going to end up naked?

Beta (Horizon Forbidden West)

"I don't know what piece of Elisabet I'm missing. I don't know what you have that I don't. I looked through all the data from your Focus. You were raised as an outcast. Shunned and isolated, just like me. So what's the difference?! What's my defect?"

―Beta to Aloy

Beta is a major character in Horizon Forbidden West. She is a genetic clone of 21st century roboticist and engineer Dr. Elisabet Sobeck. She was created by Far Zenith and is the genetic twin of Aloy.

Appearance -

As a genetic clone of Elisabet Sobeck, Beta is physically identical to both Dr. Sobeck and Aloy, having red hair and green eyes. However, Beta is both thinner and paler than Aloy, likely owing to lack of sunlight and exercise.

Unlike most people, Beta keeps her Focus equipped on her left temple rather than her right.

Personality -

Having received an extensive college level education from APOLLO, Beta is remarkably intelligent, surpassing Aloy in technical expertise and displaying a firm grip on strategic insight.

However, her traumatic upbringing has left her with severe anxiety and a crippling fear of the Zeniths, to the point of having a panic attack when she realized how far ahead Far Zenith was in their acquisition of GAIA. Beta has little interpersonal experience, and as such is incredibly reclusive and struggles with opening up to people.

It is only with Aloy's encouragement that Beta begins to find courage and confidence against seemingly impossible odds.

Abilities -

  • Alpha Clearance: As a genetic clone of Elisabet Sobeck, Beta has high-level clearance to Zero Dawn facilities in the same manner as Aloy. Upon Aloy's return from Thebes, Beta is given Ted Faro's Omega Clearance to grant her a degree of control over HEPHAESTUS.
  • Genius-Level Intellect: Combining Elisabet Sobeck's innate genius with education from APOLLO, Beta is a polymath in several fields.

Where is Beta when she becomes naked and how does it happen?

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)