More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by FallenSaint FallenSaint

Benji? Vanessa? Someone else?

Benji The Scout

Benji stepped over another dead body, trying hard not to look at the face. It was a young woman, probably a few years younger than her. She had come with the others to this village of seeking for her fallen lover. She missed Richard so much, but she knew she could never have him back. That wasn't going to stop her from killing every one of those damn goblins. Rael and Milmaria had stayed back with their gear while the little thief of their party had run off to do who knows what, leaving her to be the only one that could talk to the soldiers. She didn't care. She saw how they looked at her, how their eyes traveled over her figure and lingered too long at her chest. The long bow over her should was made for a man, but she could use it just as well as them.

She found the soldier's captain using the remains of the town hall as his command post and although she couldn't hear what he was saying to the two young men in front of him, she knew that it wasn't good. She had been let into the building, but wasn't allowed to go near the captain until his meeting with the two young soldiers was concluded.

"What's going on," she asked the man blocking her path.

"Those two are scouts that were sent to follow the raiding parties. They both apparently brought bad news."

"A whole village is gone. How much worse could it get?"

"Much worse. One of the raiding parties is headed for Pencia. The other is headed towards Allen Springs."

"Simple choice, go after the one heading for the capital. Its more important."

"You're right there, but the problem is that this town had a few survivors. They were taken as slaves. We hoped we could save them, considering we couldn't save the others, but we have to make a choice. No one will blame the captain for leaving them, but that doesn't mean we're going to be happy about it."

She wasn't happy about it either. Those poor people had already suffered so much, but now their saviors were going to have to leave them behind. Now that she had her information, she didn't need to talk to the captain anymore so she excused herself. She made her way back through the wrecked road to where her friends were waiting. Rael, their leader and only experienced monster hunter, Milly the healer, and Nessy the thief. Although Benji felth that she could trust Rael and Milly to watch her back, she wasn't so sure about the youngest of their party.

Benji reported to the group that the closest of the two raiding parties, the one that had attacked Cromly Hill, was heading east towards the village of Allen Springs. The other was heading north, closer to the capital city Pencia. Two different bounty hunter groups were headed after the one going to Allen Springs and the army was about to move after the one heading towards Pencia. After Benji had reported in, Rael looked towards the others.

"Personally I would rather move with the troops and try to take out the farthest group instead of fighting with the other bounty hunters, but I'll think its best if we put it to a vote."

Benji knew she would be voting to go after the Allen Springs group. She wanted to save the slaves and also that group was the closest. it would mean a quicker trip and the sooner she could kill goblins the better.

Follow the Army or try to save Allen Springs?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)