More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Ragnockae136 Ragnockae136

But where do we begin our story?

Belgaard Vineyard, Duchy of Toussaint

Artur was relaxing in his Estate in Toussaint he and Ciri had spent the whole Week making Love, This was one of the few times of the year they had a chance to be themselves, she had four breaks a year, and Spent two with him and Two with Geralt and Yen at Corvo Bianco. Artur had Retired from Witcher Life, truth be told he always did stand out, and not just from his Cross-Schooling or his Royal Blood. He was the Only Virile Witcher around, or ever. He had built up a great fortune and after bankrupting The owners of the Coronata and Vermentino Vineyards, he bought them giving him a great money-maker. He had Also gained the deed to the Hortense Vineyards, which he had given to Ciri as a gift.

But Ciri let him keep the profits from it as he was here more than she ever could be, she was Empress of Nilfgaard, and he was Named Redania's Ambassador to Toussaint. He Was her Secret Husband, and she his Secret Wife. Only Geralt, Emhyr, Yen, Zoltan, Triss, Lambert, Anna-Henrietta, Mary Louisa La Vallete, Thaler, Roche, Ves, Eskel, Cerys, Hjalmer, Crach, and Ermion knew of their Union. Artur had Spent a few Years building a great number of Businesses here. He owned his own shipping Company, which he used to transport his goods around the World's sea's. He also used his Magic to enhance his Wine, making it more desirable, enough that any one lucky enough to drink even a sip of his most basic enhanced wine would pay any price to have more.

Of Course this meant it was a Highly Profitable thing to steal as well, but Only Artur did the enhancing, and he never put it on paper, that way any fucker too stupid enough to try and steal the Recipe wouldn't have a chance in any world of getting their hands on the recipe to his supposedly Divine Wines. Only Witchers were immune to the enhancing, a side effect of being a Witcher. That didn't mean he made it easy on those stupid enough to try, he had a whole Regiment of Crack Redanian Troops, Troops that he trained himself, they guarded his Lands, workers, and Especially his Recipes.

Of course Wine wasn't the only thing he produced on his Lands, he Bought up several Nearby empty Fields and built a Herbs Garden there with every herb imaginable, these he had even more tightly guarded than his wine. He also Built some Farms and Pastures for Horses and other Livestock, this meant he could be self-sufficient and Keep him and his employees well-fed and Supplied, and make a great deal more Coin as well. He had become such a power in the Region that Duchess Anna-Henrietta had made him the Duke of His Region, the only other person of equal standing was Anna-Henrietta herself.

But why stop there? Artur had built five separate Mills, two of which ground his Grain, Two Weaved Wool and Cloth, while the Last was A Fishery, where his Fishermen would take their Hauls and get paid for bringing in a portion of what they caught. These Gave him an even greater source of Wealth which he used to Build a Private Army, with his Grain production rivalling two thirds of What the Redanian's produced in Quality, so He got great prices and as such only gave Redania a discount for several Dozen Horses Straight from the Royal Guards stables. He Wanted a Cav that rivaled Redania's, and Redanian Mares could accomplish Much if bred with only the Finest Quality Nilfgaardian Stallions. But that was just a quarter of what he built, he built a standing Navy not just for him but for Toussaint, he followed it up with Infantry and Archers. The Archers had Bows made from Monster Bones, greatly increasing their Range of Fire. He would gradually increase his Standing Cavalry Numbers until Toussaint was a military Power of its own.

In his pursuit of greater wealth he had brought great prosperity to the Duchy of Toussaint. So all I have to ask is what do we do next?

Good Bloody Question! What do we do next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)