More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Iam_DickMan Iam_DickMan

Who do we follow?

Autumn

Autumn felt like he made it big. It wasn't every day that you were offered a job at one of the top genetic research facilities in the country. Music crackled out of the ancient radio as he drove upstate, down rural back roads that would take him up into the hills where the company was located. As he arrived he ran his fingers through his unkempt black hair, adorned with contrasting blonde highlights. He was nervous. This was his first job after graduating, he had loans to pay and his parents weren't going to let him stay in his old room forever, his dad already beginning the process to convert it into a den. Which is why it was exceptionally lucky that this lab had ready staff boarding facilities.

He pulled up near the main building of the facility. A large two story building surrounded by trees and fields. The first floor was where the admin offices were. There were also bathrooms and a cafeteria, which was open to all employees. This building connected to a second three story building housing the labs.

The parking lot was empty so Autumn parked his van on the street. He looked around nervously at the trees that lined the road. He got out his keys and locked the doors before making his way up the walkway towards the building. As he walked he found himself getting excited about what his new job would entail. He had always been fascinated by the human genome and its complexity; he couldn't wait to get started.

As he approached the front door he could see that there were security cameras set up on either side of the doorway. He entered and walked up to the front desk giving his name and the employee number he had gotten from the informational packet they had sent him in the mail. He was sent to wait. Eventually, a young man came out and greeted him. "Hello, Mr. Walker, I hope you are having a good day." Autumn smiled back at the young man.

"Yes thank you, how can I help you?" Autumn asked.

"You're here to start work today right? We've been expecting you," the young man said, looking him up and down.

"Unfortunately we've run into a small hitch. Seems that you're not actually working here in this building. You're going to take your car about an hour down the road that way and you'll be working out of one of our satellite facilities. And don't worry, you won't have to commute every day, there will be lodging provided there as well."

So with that a confused Autumn was back in his car making another hour drive even further north.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)