More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by SecondOrion SecondOrion

Which skill should I choose?

Authority

Making it out of this situation takes precedence. With a heavy heart, I choose Authority. Immediately the demeanor of the guard dragging me changes. He stops in his tracks, hoists me to a standing position, and politely asks me to come with him. This is more of an effect than I expected of a level 5 Skill, but I'm not one to question such a pleasant surprise. Dusting myself off, more as a show than to actually clean myself, I follow behind the guard, not wanting to test the limits of my power just yet.

The guard opens the door and stands back to let me in first, a huge departure from my treatment only moments earlier. The room is dimly lit and dingy, with a weapons rack on the wall next to a few armor stands. A small but sturdy wooden table sits in the center of the room, a beam of light falls squarely on the chair next to it, giving the effect of a spotlight on the person being interrogated. This might be intimidating if I wasn't fully assured of my own innocence and emboldened by my new Skill. I confidently take a seat, and gesture for the guard to sit down after. Amusingly, he does, and looks more nervous than I am even though he's supposed to be the one doing the interrogation. I lean forward, putting my elbows onto the table. He retreats ever so slightly. This feeling is exhilarating. I take the opportunity to talk first.

"So what's all this about?" I ask, putting as much of my newfound authority into my voice as I can. The guard actually stutters as he starts to talk.

"Uhm uh, that lady out there called you, uh, a pervert" he absentmindedly pulls at his collar, forgetting that he's wearing a suit of armor. I hold back laughter as I formulate my next sentence.

"Do you think that's true?" My leading question does the trick of getting him flustered.

"No of course not sir!" the words tumble from his mouth quickly as he breaks eye contact. Time for the finishing blow.

"Then I don't think we have anything more to discuss." I get up from the table, and turn to the door. Without hesitating, I step through the door before he has a chance to get himself together. The door closes shut behind me, and I wait for a moment for him to come out and drag me back in, but no such thing happens. I take a step away from the door as it opens, and he silently returns to his post, without even sparing me a glance. Once I make sure he's out of earshot, I giggle quietly to myself. Not my proudest moment, but the absurdity of the situation combined with the relief of having gotten off without so much as a warning definitely merits expression.

Calming down, I scan the room to see Laura still standing by the door, talking to somebody. Their discussion is animated, clearly an argument. I shift my position to get a better view of the person Laura is arguing against. To my surprise, it's a woman, and she's stunning. I should probably look at her face before I say that though. I tear my eyes off of her gargantuan tits and my gaze upwards. Then further upwards, a little more, there's her face. A giant race then. She towers over Laura, though to her credit she seems ever the bitch even when clearly outclassed. I should step in before the giant girl leaves, but I also want to get all my skills in order as soon as possible. I probably have time to choose at least one. Let's see my options.

Skill Choice:

(Passive) Endless Education: Tutor will always be stronger than tutees. All attribute points automatically raise whenever tutee attribute is above tutor's.

Or

Respect Your Betters I (Cost: 25 MP): agreement. Target will immediately give up on convincing the user. Has no effect on genuine feelings of target.

Endless Education would be incredible if I want to get stronger, I won't even have to put any work in! On the other hand, while right now Respect Your Betters seems kind of useless, really just the same effect as refusing to continue an argument, at higher levels it could be game changing. With 29 skill points, I could easily improve it quickly, and if the higher leveled versions are like I imagine, then I might have something incredible on my hands.

Which one is better?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)