More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Gilly53 Gilly53

Who is it?

Aunt Lydia

The woman you suppose to be your mum's sister, Lydia, is standing at the door when you go downstairs. She's beautiful, curvy with a wave of sunset curls cascading down her back - she doesn't look anything like your mum, but you know this must be the estranged sister you've heard about.

Lydia smiles softly at you when she sees you, then turns to nod to your parents - who are standing next to the door, faces grim - and heads out towards what must be her car.

Your dad, clutching his rosary, doesn't say a word, but you hear your mother whisper "Follow her" and know you don't have a choice. Your eyes fill with tears as you realise you're being kicked out without even saying goodbye to your siblings, but you dutifully leave the house and follow this stranger into her car.

The trip to Aunt Lydia's house is a blur. She lives a while away - in the countryside, you see as you drive further - and as you sit in the car she tells you about herself. She's married, she says, has a happy life, and you'll be welcome in her home. She'll explain everything tonight, she promises. You don't really listen.

Eventually, you pull up into the driveway of a beautiful country home. It's almost a mansion, far larger than what you're used to, and you can't help but gawk. Lydia chuckles, then pulls your bag out of the trunk and makes her way inside.

"Follow me, child!" She throws over her shoulder. You move to keep up with her as she shows you around this enormous house- you'll get lost, you already know - before taking you to a beautiful room on the first floor.

"This" she says, placing your bag on the enormous four-poster bed, "is your room. This house had plenty extra rooms, but this is my personal favourite - you'll find there's an en-suite bathroom with a glorious Jacuzzi just through those doors, please make yourself at home."

Lydia turns to you, her smile fading into something more contemplative.

"Today is the first day - that means we have a little time. Why don't you settle in? I'll bring some food up for you while you shower, and when you feel up for it we can have a chat."

You nod, not really knowing what else to say.

Do as she suggests?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)