More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by mally01 mally01

Coronation.Which path awaits.

Arerto Betrayed.

Arerto had become Queen upon the untimely of her mother Queen Alcippe. Being the eldest daughter of Alcippe she was next in line to the throne. However, she had enemies namely her two siblings Chasin and Karleen who she knew resented her being on the throne. Today she sat in her chambers looking out of the window just daydreaming about more pleasant things when she heard a disturbance outside. She opened the door and her personal guard had been disarmed and restrained by warriors from Chasin and Karleen. One walked up to Arerto and unrolled a scroll and read it out aloud.

"Queen Arerto I hereby place you under arrest for assassinating Queen Alcippe and usurping her rule. This action is being taken under the authority of Princess Chasin and Princess Karleen. You will be taken from here to the royal dungeons and held for your trial."

Tow warrior approached and Arerto and ceased her pulling her arms behind her back while the head warrior stepped forward and removed her crown and jewels. She was frog marched to the dungeons and taken inside a cell and shackled by the neck to the wall then left there. Her two sisters came in sometime later and smirked seeing Arerto chained to the wall. They took delight in taunting her with her future which was by the way already written.

Sometime in the afternoon two warriors came in and shackled Arerto's hands and ankles and then pulled her along to the throne room. The room was full of the nobles of Freeconia and the public areas were full of commoners from the city all talking rapidly about the Queen. Arerto now stood before her sisters who had had two thrones installed and as was expected the trial was brief. Arerto denied the charge and then the sisters found her guilt after Bella had said that Arerto had sent her mother a special wine. She added that she had seen Arerto putting some kind of powder in the bottle. Of course, this was untrue Bella had been paid by the sisters to betray Arerto so they could take the throne.

The sisters said that they would be lenient and instead of execution Arerto would be sent to the prison island of Zartacla for the term of her natural life. Arerto was led away back to the dungeon where two jailers awaited to transport her to Zartacla. Arerto was stripped of her royal gown and slippers and given a rough burlap top and skirt with rawhide shoes for her feet. The one jailer opened a box pulling out some heavy chains with iron manacles attached. They hobbled Arertos ankles with a six-inch chain between the manacles and attached a chain to this. Next, her wrists were shackled in front of her and a waist chain wrapped around her. Her ankle chain and wrists were attached to the waist chain. As she was about to protest a gag with a fleshy root vegetable was into her mouth.

The root would numb her vocal cords robbing her of speech and then finally a hood was pulled down over her head which had attachments built in to rob the wearer of sight and sound. She was then fitted with a heavy collar and the chain attached to her waist chain so her head was pulled down. She was led out of the dungeon and into the courtyard where the crowd were jeering as she was thrust into a caged wagon and was taken to Zartacla.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)