More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by trololo trololo

Characters

Arcadius Trek

The second son of the Baron of Rosetrek and a Princess of Nedlere, Arcadius was in the keep at Rosetrek when the orcs encircled the settlement cutting off all avenues of retreat. With the garrison of the Rosetrek being understrength due to the Baron being on a campaign, the prospects looked bleak. Thisbecame even more evident when it came to light that the Greenskin forces had no plans to lay siege. Although repelling the first attack the second would sweep through the defences leaving no time for the Baron of Rosetrek to save his keep. After three years of stubborn defience, Rosetrek had fallen leaving the rest of the human forces to continue a guerilla campaign against the Greenskins or just abandoning the realm trying to make their way East. The city was sacked and occupied. It's surviving inhabitants enslaved.

Arcadius despite being of royal lineage did not fight in the defence of the keep. His mother more interested in the court squabbles of the capital and his father leading Nedlereian forces in the prolonged war with the neighbouring state of Teneb, Arcadius was left in the hands of tutors and courtiers. Due to this neglect he now prefered singing, dancing and reading to archery and sword-fighting. With his brother being the heir of Rosetrek he was allowed to drift in a sort of obscurity.

So when the Orcs besieged the keep no one thought of finding him and asking him to help in the defence. In his small library room on top of the keep, he did not even have the time to decide himself. Soon after the first exploratory attack was repulsed a second concentrated one breached the defences and before he could properly think where to hide an above two and a half meter tall orc breached the small wooden door of the room. Armed with a knife usually used for peeling fruit against a huge beast with just as huge axe Arcadius made just a few steps back tripping and falling on his ass.

The Orc did not outright kill him. Instead, he grabbed him by the leg and dragged him down in the courtyard where he was tied up and put on a cart heading for the capital alongside hundreds of other slaves.

To the Capital

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)