More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by elmer7780 elmer7780

Who are you?

Araatris Hawklight, Female, 25, human, Seeking ring

D3: Monk by KayouVirus
D3: Monk by KayouVirus

Madness

...or so you've heard. You don't believe there to be anything particularly maddening about a mountain. If someone turns mad, you figure that has everything to do with their lack of will power.

What is maddening is that everyone on your journey to this cold mountain thought you were a drow.

How?!

Sure, you have white hair and you are a little darker than most humans, a little grey in fact. The biggest difference between a drow or elf and you is the obvious ears. You would think that people would see that, especially with your short hair.

Idiots.

You sigh, not wanting to be reminded how many times you were stopped due to your natural "evil". Annoyingly enough, there was also plenty of people to stop and warn you about the mountain. You got sick of hearing about it.

Now, you aren't underestimating the mountain; after all, the rumors don't pop into existence from nothing. It may be exaggerated - sure, but it is clear that something sinister lurks within the mountain you stand beneath. You feel chilled as you stare into the darkness of the cave entrance and you are positive it isn't the cold weather.

Being a monk, you aren't going to be pressured into fear. Fear is what leads to madness, as your bald-headed and bearded masters would say. Always calm yourself and look out for trouble. Feel the surroundings yourself and anticipate.

Well, you feel cold and you anticipate becoming an ice-cube if you stand around.

Unhooking your cloak and folding it neatly into your small pack to your hips, you are thankful that you can finally stop wearing the extra weight. Monks typically wear their comfortable robes, sashes, and eastern garments. You are no exception with yellow kashaya robe modified so that your shoulders aren't covered, a red sash that extends between the legs on both sides, and the antaravasaka which is the slightly baggy yellow leggings.

Of course as a monk, your primary weapon is your fists and your internal energy called ki. Behind your back is a bō inside its holder which is connected snuggly around your shoulder and hips by a red piece of rope.

Your upper cheek twitches as you pause, trying to loosen your kashaya a little bit as you feel your chest being wrapped a little too tightly. Could it be that your breasts have grown a little!? You never had much a problem two or three years ago.

You blush, a little embarrassed if that is the case. You never really thought of your cup size since you were a monk and typically wrap your chest with cloth and then wear the robe over, but if you have to guess...maybe C or D?

Well, whatever. You were glad that you didn't have to worry about stuff like that. You'd have to readjust your cloth underneath later when you find a warmer place that isn't crawling with monsters.

Although by comparison, the cavern is warmer than the outside, it would definitely be chilly for a person who wears loose clothing such as yourself. Luckily, you can natural warm your body up by focusing your ki inward.

Taking a deep breath and holding it, you closed your eyes and focused. You feel your own energy swirl within you and your body temperature rise. Satisfied with a temperature that wouldn't make you sweat too much, you breathed out and open your eyes. Of course, there is nothing to see since the cavern is pitch black.

Your upper cheek twitched upward again. Your friends told you have a problem twitching when you get annoyed, angry, or upset. The reason you were twitching is because you were annoyed that you wouldn't be able to use your eyes. You would have to rely on your sixth sense to survey your surroundings and make sure you aren't hitting any traps.

On the other hand, hitting monsters would not be a problem since you'd just blast them away with your fists. Depending on the enemy you face, though...well, it is better to be ready to run if you need to.

The most important question may be why a monk, such as yourself, traveled all the way to face supposed at Madness?

Well, you needed to find a ring according to your master, Jamkas Milner who passed away a month ago with his final wishes to you. He explains that the ring is filled with great spiritual power and was once prized amongst a temple that no longer exists. He wants you to find it and bring it back as an ancestry treasure of monks. Supposedly, the ring has a specific spiritual frequency that he believes you to have as well, so there is no description for the ring, but that you should feel when the ring is near.

I will honor your wishes, Master Jamkas, even if it means risking myself, you think and finally step into the mountain, ready for whatever may come your way.

So monk, what comes your way?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)