More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by loken loken

What did James do about the knocking?

Answered it (Servant Path)

James got up immediately and went to answer the door. He hadn't bothered getting undressed last night so he didn't need to put clothes on, even if he did look a bit scraggly. The person out kept knocking. "I'm coming," he called out to them and the knocking stopped.

A few seconds later James had opened the door and in front of him stood two black men. The first looked very fit and professional what with his being dressed in a business suit with close cropped hair and and a clean shaven face. The briefcase he was holding and the pen tucked into his shirt pocket completed the look. The second man was huge and reminded James of a heavyweight boxer, though his outfit and tattoos game James the impression he was probably a dealer. James wasn't quite sure what to say as he looked at them so he considering saying hello but the first man spoke up first, "My name is Jason and I'm your new landlord - you spoke to me on the phone a few days ago. I'm here to discuss your tenancy."

James nodded, "Okay. Would you like to come in?"

The two men walked into the apartment and for the first time James actually looked around it. There was a small kitchen, two couches on either side of a small coffee table, a desk in the corner, and two doors at the far end that lead to his bedroom and is bathroom respectively. The bedroom, he remembered from earlier, was quite large and the king sized bed inside it had been extremely comfortable to sleep in. Overall it was a very nice apartment and for the price and location James had absolutely leapt for it - especially since it finally gave him a chance to move away from his overbearing mother.

The two men moved to sit down on one of the couches and James, trying to be a good host, asked if they wanted something to drink. Both men simply said water, so James took three glasses out of his luggage, cleaned them thoroughly, and served them. By the time he was done Jason had spread out a series of documents on the table and was ready to commence the meeting.

"Here you go," James said as he gave the two men their drinks. Neither thanked him and James thought that was mildly rude, but ignored it. James sat down on the couch, "So you said you were here to discuss my tenancy?"

Jason span one of the sheets in front of him around, "Sign this to confirm you've read and accept the consequences of your tenancy agreement. The full agreement was emailed to you, but it's mostly standard fair for this kind of situation even if you didn't read it." He span a second sheet, "These are the emergency requirements, standard stuff for this kind of building. Don't set off the fire alarm, if you do you pay for it. Don't jam up the trash, if you do you pay for it. That kind of thing. You'll also need to sign it."

James hadn't read his tenancy agreement but aware that he didn't have a choice if he wanted his apartment and trusting the man that it was standard stuff he signed the first piece of paper. He skim read the second piece of paper before signing it.

Jason took both pieces of paper and put them back in his briefcase before continuing, "That's good. Now, as covered in your tenancy agreement you'll be sharing the room with a roommate an-"

"Wait I have a roommate?" James interrupted in surprise. "I wasn't aware that I was going to have one. The advertisement said it was just me."

"It was in your tenancy agreement."

James slumped into the couch. Oh fuck, he thought. That explains the low rent. He so should have read it before signing. Looking at the man across from him he couldn't help but feel vaguely terrified. The man grinned and as the man shifted about in his seat, clearly trying to get more comfortable, James saw an impressively large bulge in his pants.

All James could said in response, was "Oh."

"Your tenancy is for six months and as covered in your contract the exit fee is the remaining cost of rent paid in full less whatever is remaining from your bond. Considering you're on week one and paid three weeks of bond ahead, you'd need to pay about twenty-three weeks of rent. Would you like to pay your exit fee and move on?"

James knew he couldn't afford that and shook his head. He had about six weeks of rent saved and was hoping to find work in the meantime. Paying that much was out of the question. He'd just have to endure it.

"Use your words James," Jason said to him, his voice almost patronising.

"No."

"No, sir. Be polite."

Does James go along with this?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)