More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by GateKeeper_A GateKeeper_A

Who will you follow?

Anna Sheffield, the Nun

Anna finds herself filled with uncertainty. She had taken a life, she had confessed, and she was to be sent to a penal colony for the rest of her life as punishment.

At only eighteen years old, she was among the youngest ladies on the ship. And her child like face and build made her look younger than she really is. With soft blue eyes, and a stray strand of her long brown hair hanging down across her cheek. Her face is framed with the white interior of her black hood and her body is covered from head to toe by her black and white robes.

She had known of the plan the other girls had made, the meticulous care they had put into their escape. And though she had considered trying to tell the guards, but every time she had a chance, she held her tongue.

As the initial escape had unfolded, she had watched as the others rushed out of their holding cells, heading straight for the ship's armory. Anna in contrast had timidly left the cell she had been held in, meekly following the others only because she didn't know what else to do.

By the time she arrived at the armory, most of the girls had already come and gone.

Shanna steps in front of Anna, her hard, dark eyes boring into hers. Anna fights back the urge to step back, intimidated by the large dark woman, "I dont expect you to fight, I can tell you dont approve of any of this," Shanna says with her rich accent, forcing Anna to take a dagger, "But take this, and defend yourself if you must."

And with those words, Anna finds herself standing alone in the armory. She looks down at the dagger in her hand for several wrong moments, Dear God, please, grant me wisdom. I don't know what I should do now. She silently prays.

Not knowing what else to do with the dagger, she slips it inside of her robes and follows the others.

As the storm rages around the ship, Anna stands towards the back of where the other girls have gathered, holding onto the wall for support. Beside her, the little redheaded cutpurse who had obtained the key that freed them sits on the floor, watching the others and casting an occasional glance at her.

With almost no warning, the hatch opens above the girls, Shanna hurling herself up through the opening with a look of unbridled rage on her face, her cutlass in hand.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)