More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by NoobLube NoobLube

How are you feeling; to be on the run like this?

Angered, we hadn’t realised the threat until it was too late. And to be betrayed by our own, and the Republic as a whole!

Your brow sets into a glare before you can realise it, and you make a quick show of wiping sweat from it to hide your frustration yo the young -Sensitive in the back, bickering amongst themselves. At the very least they had something... something to occupy their minds at the least, it would have made you smile were it not for the darker thoughts that plagued you. How could a Jedi forget- anyone forget such events?!

“What do you think, I’m karking mad!” You lashed out at your fellow Jedi, the woman to her own credit doesn’t so much as blink from the outburst. Leaving you with plenty of space to vent your anger into the coarse sands. “To think that the Clones would march into the Temple and start blasting left and right, lead by that cursed Knight Skywalker!” Curled into a fist to bang the driving wheel of the speeder, the movement quickly unbalancing the vehicle with your increased strength to match. The vehicle wobbled as your plastoid bottle once serenely sat atop the dashboard now fell over.

Though not quickly enough for any to spill as without raising as much as a finger, your fellow Knight stops the water inside from spilling. An almost enchanting sight were it not for your current mood, but you have her an acknowledging nod anyways for her efforts. The rest of the drive is in silence before the Knight gives you her counsel on the matter. “I don’t think anyone was prepared for a betrayal at such a scale, and trust me when I say that the horrifying hours after was hell for the rest of us too. But we need to keep ourselves focused, for the sake of the remnants of our Order.”

At once you can hear the dryness of her throat and look to your companion in mild surprise when she doesn’t reach for your bottle of water. Instead continuing, while nursing her throat. “And don’t forget the Younglings in the rear of the Speeder, if we don’t stay focused on the path the has set us on, what will happen to them?”

It was a rhetorical question, but one that drove the point home. “That’s not fair,” you say quietly, anger not quite stemmed to silence but grudgingly acceptant of the current situation. At the very least speaking of the past has helped with easing the tightness of your chest, what little aid it provided anyways.

It didn’t take long for quiet to soon reign over the front cabin of the speeder again - even as the rear end was as rowdy as ever, the Younglings of mixed races speaking to one another their own theories for what happened. Did you run over a Wamp-Rat, was there some junk you decided to barrel on through? The scenarios get crazier and more imaginative but the woman to your right speaks up again, helping you focus on the path you were driving on. “As I recall, you had spent some time here mediating a concern between the Republic and some local traders?”

Have you been on Tatooine before?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)